ten

-but you're still flawed-

It was a simple day. Paisley was sitting with her best friend and casually writing everything she observed about him into her notebook.

The way his nose had light freckles from the sun. The way his hands held onto his stomach as it hurt him too much to laugh. The way he would make low, lame comments about the show they were watching.

The two best friends were just hanging out, not having spent the day together in awhile. Valentina had Luke on lockdown after the award show. The girlfriend had made sure that not even his bandmates could contact him.

"Whatcha writing?" Luke asked, turning his attention to his best friend. She had her notebook in her hands again, something he was used to since they had been twelve years old.

"Nothing."

The book was quickly shut close with a loud sound escaping the pages.

That was another thing Luke was used to. Not even when they were in school was he allowed to read her work. He understood that it was scary to have someone criticize you but she let Calum read her writing all the time.

"Can I please read what you wrote?" Luke asked softly, he moved over so that his chin was resting on the top of the notebook which resulted in Paisley pushing him away.

"Maybe another time," Paisley responded.

"Pais, what can you be writing that's so bad that I can't read it?" Luke asked, huffing as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Paisley blushed and fiddled with the book before responding, "I'm talking shit."

"I always knew you were shady," Luke said, leaning back against the armrest of the couch once again.

Paisley snorted at what her best friend had said. This induced a panic into the small girl as she covered her mouth. Small laughs started slipping past Luke's lips after hearing her snort.

She occasionally did snort while laughing and each time was better than the last.

Paisley wallowed in self-pity, while Luke still laughed, when her phone started going off. She threw a pillow at the blond to get him to shut up before answering.

"Paisley," a voice rushed out quickly. The person sounded out of breath as they spoke her name.

"Hey Calum!" Paisley said, pushing her foot against Luke's chest as he tried to get close to hear his other best friend's side of the conversation.

"Check Valentina's Twitter," he said quickly, "Ok bye."

Paisley was left puzzled after Calum's cryptic message but complied anyways. She closed out of the Phone app and opened up Twitter. She hadn't been on the social media app in awhile. The small girl hated that people thought that they could say whatever they wanted just because they were online and hidden with a screen.

Valentina was one of those people.

The small girl slowly pulled up the twitter page, her heart pounding against her chest though.

@Valentina: when your boyfriend's best friend is trying to steal him away from you. just remember who he belongs to twitter.com/pic/jwe539hdj7