five

-everything that was once just ours, is now hers as well.-

Sticking a foot in the wrong shoe never felt right and it took the small girl a second before she realized her error. She fixed it quickly before going and lacing up her shoes.

Paisley was honestly so excited. Her and Luke were going to hang out together and go on their hike that they always went on when he came into town. It was their most therapeutic time together. They talked about everything that they possibly could think of.

Both would complain about what had been going on and nothing ever left that was mentioned in the conversation. Paisley had been so stressed because of work and was just ready to get everything off her chest. Even bitch about Valentina without Luke catching on.

Paisley didn't understand how he didn't get it but she let it slide anyways. She would occasionally be called by Valentina to hang out while Luke was gone but it was only so that she could try and find out things that Paisley herself knew that she didn't.

And Valentina would only complain about everything, never talk about anything interesting. Paisley wasn't interested in gossip and shit talk. Especially towards their friends.

The brunette started stretching out her limbs and making sure that she'd be able to make it through the hike. She stood up and pulled her hair up into a pony tail and felt as the elastic snapped. Grumbling, the girl bent down onto the floor and grabbed the broken elastic. She hated having thick hair. It was impossible to do anything.

Paisley sighed, throwing the little rubber away and grabbing a new pony tail holder from the container she kept in her kitchen. It hadn't been the first time that she had broken a ponytail holder and she was always prepared. She placed a baseball cap on her head after that and she was almost done. The California heat could be brutal. Paisley didn't really burn but she didn't want to risk it.

She knew she'd have to scold Luke once he got to her apartment to put on sunscreen. His skin would get so freckled and red if he didn't and Paisley was just looking out for him.

It was when she was filling up her water bottle that she heard her apartment door open and in came Luke. She smiled at her best friend and looked down to see when she had to turn off the sink. When she looked back up, her smile faltered.

Valentina was standing next to him. In similar gear to what Luke and Paisley were wearing. Almost identical even. The brunette's face went stoic as she watched the girl go and sit down on her couch.

"Pais! Pais! Your water bottle is overflowing," Luke called out, pointing to the water that was now dripping down her small hand.

"Oh. Yeah," Paisley said awkwardly. She moved her bottle out from underneath the sink filter and started to close up the bottle, knowing that she couldn't just hold the bottle under forever.

Luke made sure that Valentina was comfortably sitting on the couch before he made his way over to his best friend, getting ready to fill up his own water bottle.

"I hope you didn't mind that she tagged along. She's been a bit upset recently and said this would cheer her up. I know we usually talk about stuff that we need to get off our chest but we can still do that. You can trust Valentina," Luke said, smiling widely. His voice was hushed, not wanting his girlfriend to think they were talking bad about her.

"I guess I don't mind. It's just that I haven't had time alone with my best friend in about five or six months. I've been upset too recently yet you don't seem to even care to ask. I just really wanted to rant to you and I don't know Valentina enough to do so in front of her," Paisley exclaimed, her voice also in a quiet tone.

"You can trust her Pais. I promise," Luke said, smiling weakly.

"Whatever," Paisley said, rolling her eyes.

"I can take her back to our apartment if you want. I just don't want her to be more upset," Luke said sadly. He truly cared for a girl that wasn't any good for him. She was manipulative and he couldn't even see.

It seemed as if she knew that they were talking about her because soon Valentina had bounded her way over and was next to the two best friends.

"Hey Pais! Thanks for letting me join your hike!" Valentina said smiling widely. She always seemed to know what to say in front of Luke to make it seem that her and Paisley got along.

It kind of stung to hear Valentina call Paisley by her nickname. Luke was the only one that called her Pais. The other boys knew automatically to never use it and the other friends they had acquired over their time in L.A. knew that no one would call her that. It was even worse that she was breaking into her and Luke's time. Luke always chose Valentina over her and this just seemed to prove it more. Was it that difficult to give up a boy for two hours?

Paisley weakly smiled before heading out and allowing the couple to follow behind her.

The day didn't seem to get better as it went on. Valentina made sure that Paisley said about a solid ten words to Luke and that she didn't get to see her best friend the way that she wished she could. It also seemed purposeful when Valentina said that her feet "hurt" and made Luke carry her.

Paisley felt annoyed the whole time they were on the hike. She just really needed to rest and maybe call Michael over. She had already gotten her hike out of the way, knowing that he wouldn't go outside, and they could just do the therapeutic part. He wasn't scared to talk bad about Valentina and he had told Luke numerous times that he didn't like her. This would just help support her case. She didn't want to complain about her best friend so horribly but the thing he had done was so dumb. Their hikes were theirs.

The brunette glanced over her shoulder and saw the couple laugh as Luke spin his girlfriend around. She stayed staring for a second longer before turning around and storming off. Paisley had to find something, more like someone, that she could rant to and that Valentina couldn't take from her.

***

This is kind of sad and this literally happened to me rip. This is my most real story lowkey and reminds me of like early high school and it makes me weak.

-El