Chapter 9

BIG HOUSE - CAMP HALF BLOOD

Percy had the weirdest dream that night. It absolutely made no sense whatsoever. The dream was filled barnyard animals, most of them wanted to kill him. He must have woken up seven times but ended up passing out a few seconds later. Now Percy slowly opened his eyes, blinking at the lights that shined above him. The blonde girl was now spoon feeding him something that taste like buttered popcorn, she looked at him and said urgently "what will happen in the summer solstice?"  Percy not knowing what to answer stayed quite.

She then looked around, as if she was afraid someone was listening in "whats going on? what's stolen? we've only got a few days now!" but then somebody knocked the door and the girl stuffed more of the pudding like popcorn to his mouth.

The next time he woke up he was alone, outside this time. He sat in a deck chair overlooking a huge meadow (deep in the meadow..) next to him there was a small table where a glass of what looked like apple cider with a straw sticking out of it was placed. He reached out for it and almost dropped it when he heard a cough behind him. Percy turned around to find a man sitting on a wheel chair looking at him with a mischievous glint in his eyes. The man wore a tweed jacket and had thinning brown hair and a scraggly beard. 

Percy stared as the man wheeled next to him "how are you feeling Perseus?" the guy asked helping him drink the apple cider look alike. But once he tasted it he couldn't stop drinking it. It tasted like the warm chocolate chip cookies he loves to eats back in the manor but liquid. In a matter of seconds the whole glass was empty "I'm feeling.. okay" he answered back awkwardly. The man chuckled "well Perseus I believe this belongs to you" giving Percy a shoe box which contents were of a horn.

Percy looked up from the horn "First of all its Percy and second of all what was the creature who attacked me and.. Grover" now Percy remembered everything about last night, about the beast who seem to have killed Grover. The man frowned obviously thinking of Grover "well Percy it seems that the Minotaur have been sent to capture you" Percy stared thinking the guy was insane when everything seemed to click.

His father had said that something was stolen and they (the Gods) wanted him to retrieve it, the blonde girl had also said that something was stolen. Maybe whoever had sent the beast thought that he had stolen it? Percy shook his head, he didn't want to be thinking about that right now. Percy asked the man "I haven't got your name" the man laughed "oh how rude of me! my name is Chiron" Percy raised an eyebrow "Chiron? like the centaur Chiron who trained heroes?" the man smiled "yes very much like him" and Percy's eyebrows raised a bit more "are you implying that you are the actual Chiron of the myths?" Chiron just smiled and nodded.

Percy feeling slightly overwhelmed pushed away the  blanket he now just realized sat in his lap and placed both of his feat on the floor. He felt dizzy but he pushed the feeling away to look down at his appearance. His wet clothes from the previous night was now dry, his jacket was folded neatly in the table along with his wand which is in its holster and his shoes were at the foot of the chair. Percy slowly put on his socks then shoes  before he looked up "was my bag still in the... car thing?" he asked and Chiron replied back "we manage to retrieve it before any mortal finds the wreckage" he wheeled away for a second to show the duffel bag behind him.  Chiron looked at him again "come you must first meet the camp director" and he started wheeling away with Percy following closely behind him shouldering his duffel bag and jacket.

When he was leaded to the opposite end of the house only then did Percy fully noticed their surroundings. Off in the distance the landscape was dotted with ancient Greek buildings. There was an amphitheater and.. was that a rock climbing wall with lava?! Percy kept walking clutching the shoe box close to him like a life line. Kids older and younger then him ran around all using bright orange t- shirts with a Pegasus symbol on it. Some Percy noticed was holding weaponry such as swords and knifes, using battle armor that looked like they came straight out of the myths.

This is all real  Percy thought, what his father told him was all true.

That Greek mythology wasn't a myth,  that this was all real.

YAY finished another chapter and I hope you enjoyed it. I might not be able to update in the weekends so this is to make up for that. I also used the book it self as a reference as I needed a bit of help writing some parts of this chapter like the dream and that bit with Annabeth so this is a disclaimer.

I hope you liked it and please give me feedback and tell me what you think! thank you so much for reading and have a good day. 

Oh and this is probably a bit late but who else almost cried in the end credits of Mokingjay part 2?

-ThatBookFanatic