Chapter 13

NEW YORK - CAMP HALF BLOOD

The next few days Percy settled into a routine that felt almost normal (if you don't count the lava wall, the flying horses and oh what was it again? oh yeah CHILDREN OF THE GODS). Each morning he had taken lessons on ancient Greek with Annabeth, they would talk for hours about the Gods and Goddesses, about whats myths and whats not. They also found out that he was very fluent in ancient Greek, Percy could read chapters of homer without stopping and he was surprised to find that he was rather comfortable with the language.

For the next few hours he rotate through activities to find what he was good at, Chiron thought him archery and his marksmanship wasn't as bad as he thought it was (he had to have good aim for his spells right?) next he tried out foot racing with the wood nymphs and he was seconds behind the nymph he was racing with before she sped up and crossed the finish line.

Wrestling? Clarisse beat him fair and square and gave him an impress look after she beat him "not bad Brit" and Percy nodded inwardly smiling, it looks like all those hours playing quiditch and swimming all day long finally paid off. The activity he was best at was canoeing, which Percy thought must have something to do with the fact that his father is the God of the ocean. Oh yeah cause it definitely is because of his remarkable good looks and his magical charm, he thought sarcastically. He knew for one thing that the counselors and senior campers were trying to figure out who his dad is. And Percy was not going to make it easy for them.

Three days after his arrival in camp, he had his first sword fighting lessons. Luke was they're teacher,  and none of the blades he tried felt right. Either they were to heavy or didn't felt balanced in his hand none of them was for him. Luke agreed that none of the practice blade was right for him, but he quickly picked out a sword and tried to pay attention to Luke's lesson.

The lesson it self went on fine, they started with basic slashing and stabbing. The unbalanced sword weighed him down a bit, but he pushed on doing the best he can. They moved on with dueling partners and nobody partnered up with him. well isn't he just so popular? he thought, inwardly rolling his eyes. Luke ended up partnering him "good luck with that" one camper told him, and Percy raised an eyebrow. So daddy issues and skills with a blade? what a dangerous combination.

Apparently Luke was known as the best swordsman in 300 years and it clearly shows in his fighting. Luke might have held back on him but dam is he good. Percy dodged, sliced, parried and almost got beheaded twice. After a few more minutes Luke called for a break and everybody was soaked through. Percy was panting, as everybody went to the side to get some drinks he took the vile of potion from his pocket and gulped it down. immediately feeling energized he realized he was still very sweaty so Percy took a bottle of water. wait a minute, if he drenched him self in water would that make him more stronger? Percy didn't waste another second and poured all the water over his head.

Feeling 100% better he gripped the sword he was given. Strength surged back into his arms and the sword didn't felt that unbalanced anymore. Luke gathered the class and started teaching them a disarming movement. And of course he had called him out and Percy could tell that the campers were suppressing smirks  "alright no laughing at Percy now this is a very difficult move and its been used against me before" he stresses and demonstrated the move on Percy in slow motion. Luke twist the blade of Percy's sword with the flat of his own and  so he had no choice but to drop it. The sword clattered to the ground "now for real this time we keep sparring until one of us pull of the move got it?" Percy nodded adrenaline pumping into his veins, the water must have done more then energized him.

Luke made the first move and somehow he countered. Percy saw his attacks before he did them,  surprisingly he was able to get Luke's blade away from the hilt of his sword. Percy came up with a thrust of his own and it was easily deflected by Luke but Percy could see a slight frown in his face as he started to come at him harder.

His blade still didn't felt right and it wont be long until he was beat, so he thought why not? Percy tried the disarming move and sure enough it worked. Luke dropped his sword with a surprised expression, everybody was silent as he raised his sword to Luke's chest "I suppose no one is laughing at me now are they?" he said with as much extravagance as he can.

Percy smirked at all the campers staring and dramatically slung the sword over his shoulder, Luke's eyes widened and laughed "how can you do that?! that was amazing Percy it took me months to get that move!" he exclaimed joyfully "I wonder what you could do with a balanced sword..."

 At Friday afternoon Percy dug into his bag for some parchment paper and a self inking quill. He sat alone by the lake and wrote,

Dear Draco,

It have been awhile since I last saw you and I hadn't found the time to write before now, how are you? how are the others? have you done anything since I've gone?

Though I reckon it must be boring, I mean you lot can't do anything without me! I'm Percy for gods sake.

It is different here, I haven't played quiditch once and its a nightmare. Father is off doing his usual thing and I'm left with my own devices. I am so incredibly bored! there is nobody to talk to. Though I did meet this one girl, her name is Annabeth. Don't honestly know why I'm telling you this but I cant wait to be back in the manor.

Remember if you want to write to me send the letter through the black box I gave you. Its charmed to send it to another box that I have with me.

Say hello to the others for me, and your parents.

Percy hesitated before writing an extra note.

Oh and Draco I've got to tell you something when I get back, its urgent.

He sighed at the prospect of telling Draco his true heritage. But he was his best friend, Percy had to tell him sooner or later. He heard leaves crunching behind him "parchment paper and a quill? that's a bit old isn't it?" a voice who he recognized as Annabeth said "well I'm old school" Percy retorted smirking. Annabeth smiled back "are you writing a letter? didn't take you as someone who writes letters" she said sitting down next to him "well its much more interesting and plus who doesn't like a charming, old school, handsome demigod slash wizard like my self?" he joked.

Annabeth laughed "you are really full of your self aren't you?" she said shaking her head. Percy dramatically spread his arms "it is not my fault such tiny minds cannot understand my greatness!" he exclaimed which got a laugh out of her, another win for Percy.

Annabeth grinned "so wizard are you ready for capture the flag?" she asked looking sideways at him "um lets see am I ready to fight battle ready kids who are also the sons and daughters of ancient beings who can kill me with a snap of a finger? uh yeah probably not" Percy said sarcastically.

Annabeth smirked "don't worry much its hard the first time but I have a feeling your going to do good" she says genuinely, Percy raised an eyebrow "are you expecting me to do a spell or two? throw some fairy dust and bippity boppity boo you win?" she shook her head "just do what you can, from what you explained to me these few couple of days exposing the wizarding world is a felony, but you know a bit of magic is always help full" Annabeth said with a slight smile nudging him.

At dinner that night, after the plates were cleared away it was finally time for capture the flag. He cheered along with the other campers as Annabeth and her siblings walked into the pavilion carrying a tall grey silk banner with an owl and an olive tree painted on it. Clarisse and her brothers and sisters also walked in with a gaudy red banner with a bloody spear and a boars head.

At last, game on.

Here is another chapter! the next will be capture the flag. I didn't want to write too much so I hope you like it! please tell me what you think and next update will be either Wednesday or Sunday, I'm pretty sure Sunday.

Anyway I know the events is different in the actual book, its like if Percy was a wizard AND demigod would he be better in lots of activities? he's definitely more powerful and in ways I want to show that in his confidence and his ability to be able to be good in many activities.

And art is Viria of course.

So yeah thank you for reading,

-ThatBookFanatic