Chapter 19

-parstle tounge-

NEW YORK

The rain had stopped.

They stopped running about twenty minutes ago. He had deactivated his pendant and reversed the spell on Clarisse. So there they were, walking along the New Jersey riverbank, both Clarisse and Annabeth soaking wet as he was too in a rush to put a spell over them or use his powers.

Percy waved a hand and dried them both, getting a nod of thanks from Clarisse. Annabeth's been strangely quite, she had her 'I'm planning something' face and she must've really been distracted as she almost walked straight into a tree if it wasn't for him pulling her out of the way.

The daughter of Athena finally looked up after a few more minutes of silence "something was weird back there" she started which got a scoff from Clarisse "oh yeah cause three of the fury's coming to attack us was not weird at all" the daughter of Ares drawled in a slightly sarcastic tone.

Annabeth scowled and turned back to him "I mean three of the fury's? and they kept saying over and over again 'where is it?' they didn't say where is he" Percy frowned. That was strange, they were looking for something. Did they possibly think that they had the lightning bolt with them? he voiced his thoughts to Annabeth who nodded, still thinking.

"Possibly, its a very powerful weapon" she said and the walk lapsed back into silence. A few minutes later he saw a deserted two lane street through the streets, there was an empty gas station that looked like it hadn't been used in centuries. There was a billboard advertising an old 90's looking poster, and there was one open business which was the source of a bright neon light and an aroma that practically scream JUNK FOOD! getting a strange feeling he put up all his mental barriers, although he wasn't as good as his father he was a fairly good occlumence.

Clarisse and Annabeth seemed to be drawn towards the smell, and they didn't hesitate to walk faster towards the low warehouse like building. He looked up towards the neon sign above the gate, since Percy regularly took a vial of potion ever since he was younger which helped him with his dyslexia it wasn't as hard to read the bright neon sign for him then it was for Annabeth and Clarisse.

"Aunty Em's Garden Gnome emporium" he read aloud, seeing the calculated and confused look from both his companions. Clarisse stared at the two statues flanking the entrance, they were kinda creepy he noted. They're eyes were wide, as if they saw something scary and wanted to ran.

Definitely not a good sign.

But Annabeth and Clarisse seemed to have other ideas and quickly crossed the street. Percy tried to warn them to no avail, he jogged to keep up and gripped his backpack "hey listen I've got a bad feeling about this" he says but was ignored "come on your just being paranoid, your pendant is not even glowing" Clarisse said rolling her eyes at him.

He looked at Annabeth for backup but was met with the same expression "and plus there might be a snack bar" she added with a shrug which got a nod of approval from Clarisse "finally your making sense, come on!" the two girls went ahead of him and quickly opened the gate.
Gods, when girls want something there's simply no stopping them.

Percy stood there for awhile, confused. Why isn't his pendant glowing? he could sense something was wrong here but he couldn't place his finger on it. Since he couldn't just leave the two people that was suppose to help him through the quest he sighed heavily before following the two.

The lawn was littered with statues of all different expressions and clothing. Percy was thinking of how life like it all looked. Clarisse and Annabeth kept walking, and it was obvious that they were still only thinking about food.