Chapter 29

VEGAS

Percy ran out of the room in search for his two companions. Finding Clarisse in a mock shooting range and Annabeth in some sort of simulator he grabbed both girls arm and dragged them both (kicking and screaming) back to the room.

Clarisse glared at him when he shut the door close behind them, Annabeth too had an annoyed expression in her face and threw a scornful look his way "what the Hades was that for? I was almost done with the new building I desi- "listen I don't care!" Percy cut her throwing an equally annoyed look back.

"look read this" he said throwing the piece of parchment his father had sent last and pace around the room, running his hand through his hair in frustration.  Annabeth's annoyed look turned to one of confusion as she tentatively straightening the parchment, eyes scanning the note quickly before dropping it in shock as he did.

Clarisse looked at the both of them in slight annoyance "what? what is it tell me dam it!" Annabeth took a deep breath "it makes sense now" she mumbled to herself, eyebrows furrowing "we've been in here for five days" Percy says in a forced calm voice. The daughter of Ares's eyes widened in disbelieve, by now Annabeth had also started pacing.

Percy ran to his room and started throwing all his belonging on to a bag, both Annabeth and Clarisse followed suit. He threw in extra clothes from the endless closet and also took some food and drinks from the bar.

Deciding against wasting time on changing his clothes he threw on the first jacket he saw and hurriedly slipped on his dragon hide boots. Slinging his bag over his shoulder he went to find the others to find them running around the room in a panic, throwing things they might need into bags and pocketing a few things here and there.

Annabeth had changed into a pair of black American flag shorts and another tank top that had a weird symbol in it. She finished lacing up her black combat boots and stood up, stuffing her Yankees cap into her bag and putting her dagger in a holster in her arm. Clarisse had slipped on her camo jacket again and was currently twirling around a hunting knife nervously.

Going down to the lobby the guy tried to stopped them "hey kids where are you going? you guys could get the- "Stupefy!" Percy hissed angry at how this hotel had deceived them all. Erasing the memory of the guy who was now laying motionless in the ground they hurriedly left the hotel. Annabeth flagged down a cab and gestured for them to get in "we don't have the money" he whispered- all his money was already used up.

Annabeth merely gestured "are you going in or not?" Percy relented and got into the cramp vehicle. The driver turned to face them with a skeptical expression "you kids got money?" and Annabeth rolled her eyes and took out her LotusCash cards. Of course! the cards, they had unlimited money he remembered with glee.

"do you take casino cards?" she asked and the guy shrugged "some of them" he grunted. Annabeth gave the card to the guy who swiped it in some machine only to see a bunch of dollar signs. The guy's jaw dropped and started sputtering "u-uh where too your highness?" Annabeth straightened up, obviously liking the whole 'your highness' thing.

"the Santa Monica pier and if you go fast enough you could keep the change" and the taxi lurched into action.

The entire ride was horribly uncomfortable. They had plenty of time to talk, to come up with some sort of a plan. The main problem was that they were betting for the bolt to be already with Hades (which Percy very much doubts) but they didn't have any more choices. Even if his theory was correct they would've had to start from the start all over again. And they didn't any time for that, this was their last shot of stopping a potential war brewing between the king of the Gods and his father.