Chapter 21

MISSOURI

It took a moment to processes of what he is seeing. It was a lion. A giant one. With the body of a goat and the tail of a serpent.

Definitely a new one.

Percy uncapped his sword and ducked out of the way of the swinging tail of the monstrosity and looked to see how Annabeth and Clarisse was doing. Clarisse had her spear out and was doing a great job of keeping herself alive, Annabeth was nowhere to be seen. He whipped his head around to look for the women when beside him a certain daughter of Athena suddenly materialized, she had her Yankees cap out and her dagger was gripped in her hand.

"that's Echidna, the mother of all monsters" Annabeth urgently whispered. Great, not only did they had this beast with them they had the mother of all monsters.

Clearly this was turning out to be the best day of his life.

Percy was about to speak up when Clarisse's voice shouted at him "move it punk!" and Percy jumped out of the way of a torrent of flame coming from the beast's mouth. Well isn't that just brilliant? it also breathes fire, this was just getting better and better.

The heat was so intense that it almost singed the tips of his hair. Percy threw up his arms to cover his face and scrambled up hearing the deranged screaming coming from Echidna "give it up Perseus Olympia, my son will destroy you!" he gripped his sword with one hand and his wand in the other, and Percy started throwing spells over spells  that was bordering on the gray side. 

"Aqua Eructo" he shouted and a powerful, destructive jet of water sprouted from the tip of his wand and hit the Chimera right in the eye. The beast roared in anger and was spewing fire everywhere, ducking away a second too late it grazed his shoulder slightly giving him a good size burn. Ignoring the blood he holstered his wand and raised his sword, Percy waited for the next time the tail swing at his direction and calculated the chances he would succeed.

Seeing his chance he heaved the sword in a downward strike. Hearing the agonized roar of the beast he saw that he had succeed in cutting the tail off. But it seem to only make the Chimera angrier and this time Percy was its target.

Percy was aware that Annabeth was currently with Clarisse and that they were gesturing wildly towards the beast, deciding that they were making up some sort of strategy he took it upon himself to be the distraction. Percy started shouting every curse word and insult he could think of and stupidly it worked.

And stupidly he did not thought it through, the Chimera was more then angry and attacked him full on. He dodged torrents of fire and oh lets not forget the fact that it had the head of a lion.

"If you have ideas I'm open to them!" he shouted to his comrades, dodging another torrent of fire. Annabeth apparently thought that was the best to appear behind him and he may or may not have jumped 3ft in the air. Annabeth threw her hands up in mock surrender "calm down! its just me I've got an idea, I want you too attack its mid area" something in his expression must've said ' you're crazy' because she scowled and punched him in the arm "I'm serious! just hurry we don't have much time" he sighed heavily and jumped into action.

Percy using his sword started slicing at the mid area of the beast which made it even more angrier. He didn't see what Annabeth and Clarisse was up to but apparently it was enough. The Chimera roared in agony and Percy could see the spear lodged in its eye, the Chimera spew a torrent of fire all over the place and since he was distracted by the fire he didn't saw the gaping hole behind him left by said fire. Dodging another torrent of flame he lost his footing, leaving him unbalanced and before he knew it he was falling backwards.

The last thing he heard was someone shouting his name before it actually registered in his mind.

He was falling down from the gateway arch, and oh dear Merlin his father's gonna kill him.

Here's a quick update, I hope you liked it and please tell me what you think.

Since I'm going to be pretty busy the next chapters would probably a bit shorter or not as long, but I will try to not miss an update.

So yeah thank you so much

Disclaimer; I don't know how many times I'm going to do this but obviously the art does not belong to me.

-ThatBookFanatic