Chapter 18

NEW YORK

Percy watched out the window as they drove into western long island. He never really understood why muggles like to ride cars, they were often nauseating and there was so many accidents that were just waiting to happen.

By the time Argus dropped them off at a greyhound station in the upper east side it was sunset and starting to rain. Percy tightened his hold on his bag and pulled on the hood of his jacket, in an attempt to keep himself dry he cast a spell on himself and his quest members to keep them from being soaking wet.

Using his powers so early in the quest would attract unwanted attention and use up all his energy, so Percy will be sticking with his magic for awhile.

Both Clarisse and Annabeth noticed this and nodded their thanks, Argus made sure they had their tickets and bags before he pulled out the parking lot and drove back to camp.

After awhile of waiting it was clear that Clarisse and Annabeth became restless and were both playing 'Hacky Sack' with an apple. They bounced it on their knees, shoulders and whatever, Percy however kept his composure and watched the two before the apple dropped and rolled away into a gutter.

Annabeth turned to him and saw the snake pendant hanging down the chain around his neck "are those real emeralds and ruby's?" she asked in slight surprise gesturing to the pendant.

Percy's hand went up to the pendant on instinct "I wouldn't wear anything else" he said fingering the emeralds, Clarisse looked at it in interest "does it do anything?" the daughter of Ares asked which caused him to smirk.

"Annabeth has her hat, I have my pendant" Annabeth raised an eyebrow "it makes you invisible?" she asked her head slightly cocked to the side in curiosity. Percy nodded "one of the things" he smirks, he wondered what his father was doing at the moment as he waited for a 'bus' out in the rain.

Probably off doing dark Lordy things.

When the bus finally came Percy sighed in relief, he was just about to strangle the annoying kid beside him that kept yapping on and on and on about his new pet to his slightly flustered parents.

He, Annabeth and Clarisse got seats in the very back of the bus and stowed away their bags as they waited for all the other passengers to get in. As the door finally shut and the last passenger got in the pendant around his neck glowed red slightly.

Annabeth noticed and nudged him "what does that mean?" She asked worriedly and Percy frowned. It only glowed red when danger was near, his eyes subtly search the bus looking for the cause of it glowing when Annabeth nudged him again waiting for an answer. Percy silently cast a Maffiato spell over them to make sure no body would listen in.

"It means danger is near" he stated calmly "I don't like this" Clarisse mumbled nervously playing with a single spear charm in her brown leather bracelet.

Percy also discreetly positioned himself ready for a fight, Annabeth repetitively slapped her Yankees cap to her knees and her grey eyes were scouring around the bus when they stopped to a group of three old lady's sitting in the very front. Too anyone else they seem normal, if not a bit creepy. But Percy could tell that they were not normal, and so did Annabeth "fury's" she mumbled to herself but he and Clarisse heard it perfectly.

The daughter of Ares cursed under her breath "Di immortals! all three of them?" and Percy begin looking for a plan of escape. The windows didn't open, there wasn't any back door and the only way to get out was the entrance.

Meaning; they were doomed.

As they drove under Lincoln tunnel the bus went eerily dark except for the lights on the floor of the aisle.  Suddenly all three of the old lady's stood up and started making their way towards them, slightly panicking Percy gripped his pendent thinking for a way out.

Annabeth seem to have an idea "That's it! Percy use your pendant and try to go to the front of the bus, there's an emergency button you should be able to find it easily" she told him and Percy nodded. He griping his pendant he whispered "Caecus" and when he looked down he couldn't  see himself.

Percy didn't cared about making too much noise as the pendant protected him from sight, smell, touch and sound. He ducked into an empty seat as the three lady's passed by sniffing the air around them, looking for him he guessed.

No Percy, they were sniffing around looking for blue chocolate chip cookies and was looking forward to sharing it with he and his comrades.

Which reminds him, he had some in his bag... Percy wonders if he could run quickly back and snatch some cause its sounding really good now. Stop it Percy, focus.
Sometimes having ADHD sucks.

Percy finally made it to the front of the bus when a loud wailing noise came from the back, he turned to see the three old lady's weren't human anymore. They were monsters from Hades.

Percy watched in horror as the fury's held their whips and screeched "where? where is it!" and he could see that both Annabeth and Clarisse were armed.

Annabeth with her bronze dagger and Clarisse with her spear.
"He's gone! he's not here" Annabeth shouted back and the fury's raised their whips in anger.

He had to do something, Percy frantically looked around and what he did next was probably not the most smartest idea. He grabbed for the wheel and wrestled for it with the driver.

He jerked the wheel left, everybody screamed and shouted but it did the trick. The fury's were thrown to one side and were shocked before they sprang up again. As he couldn't let them regain their balance Percy hit the emergency brakes.

The bus spun in circles before they stopped in the side of a (thank lady magic) empty road, the fury's whipped at his companions and Percy himself sprung into action. He felt the familiar wood of his wand slid into his hand and pointed it at one of the fury's who was in the action of clawing at  Clarisse "Confringo!" he yelled and watched in delight as the spell hit the fury and blasted her into the other side of the bus.

Clarisse watched in shock but did not waste time in raising her spear and bringing it down, hitting the fury square in the chest. The fury exploded into gold monster powder, just like the Minotaur he thought.

Noooo really? Cuz I thought it might combust into magic pixie dust and makes us fly around.
Shut up Percy!
Great he was arguing with himself.

The first signs of insanity folks.

Percy got closer and placed his wand back in its holster, instead he pulled out the pen Chiron gave him and took of the cap. Now is a good time for practice, he thought with a smirk.

Suddenly he was holding a three foot long bronze sword with a leaf like blade and was awed at the design, the sword just felt so.. right in his hands. Percy immediately raised his blade and swung at one of the fury's leaving a burst of gold dust.

Annabeth and Clarisse were now both occupied by the last fury and managed to seize an opening in their opponent, before the fury 'died' it screeched out one last thing "we'll get you Perseus Olympia!" and she too burst into gold powered along with her sisters.

The bus was empty, everybody had run off and was outside cowering away from the destruction. Percy deactivated the pendant and grabbed his bag. He slung it over his shoulder and waited for the others to get their stuff "Annabeth put on your cap we don't want the muggle's to see us, I'm going to cast a spell over you Clarisse so don't panic" he cast a 'notice me not' charm over her before she could say anything else and activated his pendant again.

Together the three of them picked their way through the broken glasses and the damage, they stepped out the bus and saw that the other passengers were arguing and shouting at the poor driver when BOOM! the bus exploded as thunder strikes and without a second thought they sprinted into the woods and away from the damage.

Percy never thought he'd live the day when his own uncles wanted to kill him.
He definitely was not exited for that family reunion.

Alright here's another chapter! Your feedback is always welcomed so please tell me what you think!
And disclaimer; art is obviously not mine.

Thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoyed it.

-ThatBookFanatic