3. Like I can

Chapter 3 - Like I can

Do Kyungsoo. Such a beautiful name. When will I see you again? I still miss you. You've been gone for too long. I want to see your smile again. Oh Do Kyungsoo, where art thou?

I ruffled my already messy hair and stomped my foot. I can't do this anymore. I have to know what happened. It's been two weeks and yet he's not here. He's gone for too long. I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm going insane!

Where could he be? What could've happened? Did he have a disease or something? Did he caught some kind of flu? Or worse.. maybe he was kidnapped by a giant dog that looks like Monggu!

No.. wait. I'm going crazy. My mind's not functioning well now that I didn't see him. I really need to know what happened to him. I banged my head on the table multiple times and slapped my own face. Where the hell are you, Kyungsoo-ah!

Ignoring the glances the other customers gave me, I looked around his shop as I played with the straw of the mocha frappe I usually ordered. They must have thought I was crazy. I looked at my watch. The foggy screen indicated that it was half-past seven. I sighed and blew away my bangs which now reached the tip of my eyebrow. I need a haircut.

"U-uhm.. sir?"

I was awoken from my trance when I heard a low voice from somewhere. I looked up and saw Katie. She was standing awkwardly beside my table.

"M-may I?" She gestured at the empty seat across from me. I gave her a tight smile.

"Sure." She took the seat.

Silence enveloped us for a few until she finally spoke. Well, she's the one who approached me and I don't have anything to tell her.

"Sir, uhm, Kyungsoo sajang-nim wants me to tell you—"

"What?!" I composed myself and sat straight. I was too excited when his name came out of her mouth. "I mean, what does he want to tell me?"

"Uhm, don't be offended but.. he wants you to stop calling him. It's bothering him and you're disturbing him from.. whatever he is doing." I was taken aback by what she just said. But I quickly hid it.

"What is he doing? He's been out for almost three weeks! What happened?"

She just shook her head. "I asked him a couple of times. But he won't tell us. Maybe he's just busy." She bowed and stood up from her seat, ready to take orders at the counter. But then I suddenly remembered what I have to do. I stood up and catched up with her. She was a bit startled when she saw me in front of her.

"Sir?"

"Do you perhaps know where he lives?"

"I—"

"He lives in the apartment nearby." I looked at the girl with eyes similar to his. Ruth. She was on the other side of the counter. Brewing a coffee.

"It's just two blocks away from here. The house with a blue gate." She took one of my hands and put something in it. It was cold and rusty. I opened my palm and saw a key. I looked at her.

"Use that. That's a duplicate key. Might as well barge inside. We want him back too. And we wanted to know what happened to him." She smiled. "Please bring him back."

I nodded and gave them a smile. I started walking to where Nini was parked.

"Sir Kai!" I looked back at her.

"I know you have feelings with Kyungsoo sajang-nim. I'm not dense. I know you can bring our boss back. Please do." She gave the faintest of a smile. That's the first time I saw her smile.