Epilogue: Begin Again

Two years have passed, and we're still together. I couldn't even imagine myself with Chanyeol back in the days were we're all still untangling our looped feelings towards one another. We've gone through ups and downs. And speaking of downs, Chanyeol became aloof to me these past few months. As if he's hiding something from me. He constantly receives phone calls from who knows who, and he answers it even if we're in the middle of talking, dinner and dates. At first I shook it away thinking that he's just busy with the company because of the expansion, but it becomes frequent. Sometimes I just want to ask him straightly who is he talking to and if it's more important than his time with me, or simply me. And his smile after the call adds more to the fire. Another is sometimes he cancels our date just for these "important meeting" I know these "important meetings" aren't connected with the company because, hello, I'm his secretary and I 'm the one who makes meetings for him.

This has been happening for months and my patience and understanding is near to its limit. But whenever he touches me with those comforting caress of his, or calls me names, kiss me, I still can see those glimmer in his eyes, I still can feel him conveying his feelings towards me.

I've been halted from my trance when my phone vibrated beside my cup of coffee. I looked at it and a familiar caller i.d showed up my screen.

Park Chanyeol

"Speaking of."

"Hello."

"Good morning sunshine." There. That's what I talking about. Now I'm in a puddle of goo. I sighed.

"Good morning to you too."

"What's with the sigh? Are you feeling okay?" He asked. I can imagine him frowning while asking, I can actually feel him worrying. If you just know what's bothering me.

"No, I guess I just didn't sleep well." I lied.

"Really? That's bad, it's a great day and you're gloomy. Don't worry! I'll make your day complete. Don't forget our date okay? Later at the Garden Park okay? I really prepared for this. I hope you'll like it." He said. What's with this guy? He's extra happy and active today.

"Yes I will."

"Don't be late baby. I love you."

"Yes, I won't. I love you too." Then our call ended.

Well I think I should ask him later on our date. I need to clear these uneasy thoughts of mine. I know that if I continue paying attention to these, it's not only me who'll be ruined, but also Chanyeol and our relationship.

I cleaned a little in my apartment just to kill time. Then when the sun started to hide behind the clouds, I ran to the bathroom and began to fix myself. I took a bath and relaxed at the hot water for several minutes and choose my clothes. I decided to go with a simple white shirt and black skin tight jeans and a pair of black kicks. I blew my hair and styled it. I went to my drawer and picked my new eyeliner.

"And the last touch." I said, and proceed to putting eyeliner around my eyes, just enough to emphasize my small droopy eyes.

I went out of my room and picked up my keys from the fish bowl placed in the antique coffee table beside my sofa. I checked the lights and the electric outlets before heading to the park to meet Chanyeol. I grab my coat hanging behind the door and draped it over my body, heading outside.

While I'm walking at the pavement, I then realized that it felt cold when the wind touched the exposed expanse of skin in my body. I had goosebumps and a little shiver. I looked at the sky and it's almost grey. The beautiful sun that gives the usual warmth that I am now missing is starting to hide behind the gloomy looking clouds. I felt something odd seeping through my skin. It's an uncomfortable coldness. My chest tightens and my eyes started to sting. I ignored the sudden feeling and closed my eyes and started to resume my walk.It looks like it's gonna rain. I gripped my coat and hugged myself to gain warmth.