Chapter 2

The Boys Behind The Scenes
Chapter 2

Kele winced when the ball hit the back of her head. How unlucky, she thought. She was passing by the football field with her friends but it just hit her. It had to hit her. She turned her head and looked behind her to see who the culprit was. Ha, so it was intentional.

She groaned in annoyance once she saw Yan An grinning while walking towards her. "YAN AN!" She yelled.

He chuckled. "Kele is getting red. How cute."

"I'm gonna kill you! Do you think my head is a freaking ball-proof wall?"

"What is a ball-proof wall?" He asked innocently. He bent down in front of her to pick up the ball.

Yan An is one of her best friends. They've known each other since they were eight. He also turned out to be taller than her. Kele is tall and she was absolutely taller than him when they were younger. He just turned out to be a giant. But then again, Wooseok suddenly passed her mind. Is there anyone else in their school who is taller than that guy? He was the real giant.

"Yan An, come have lunch with us!" Yeeun, one of her friends, said.

Kele frowned. "I'm not going to eat with him!"

He shrugged, still grinning. "Even if it's my treat?" he asked.

Of course, that's an exception. Kele thought.

»»※««

Yan An kept smiling and shaking his head while watching Kele eat until she shot him a glare. He likes eating with Kele and her friends although he was out of placed most of the time because of their 'girl' talk. He prefers being with Kele alone. He likes her personality a lot. He likes annoying her until her face gets red in frustration, or just hanging out with her whatever they do; sometimes, they'd both read books that they recommend to each other in the park or the library or even just in their backyard. Sometimes they watch sci-fi or comedy movies together. They both had a silent agreement not to watch romantic movies after watching Titanic together. They were embarrassed and heartbroken at the same time after it. Kele, unlike her friends, doesn't talk to him about other guys aside from her brother and her brother's friends. Sometimes he'd wonder if she ever had a crush on someone recently. She never seemed interested with boysㅡwell, she was... once.

He bid good bye to everyone even before lunch break ends and when Kele asked why, he bent down to make their faces at the same height. "Got something important to go to. Why? Gonna miss me?" He asked with his usual innocent smile.

Kele frowned and pushed his face aside. "Please. I'd miss anyone but you." She said although Yan An knows she didn't mean it. He knows because there comes the days when he gets too busy and she'd always call him first asking if he's still alive.

He pouted. "I'm going first. I'll see you later!"

He was about to go when they heard someone cleared his throat. They both looked and saw Kino, her brother. His eyebrow arched at him. "Are you hitting on my sis again?" He asked him.

"The f*ck, Kino." Kele muttered under her breath.

Yan An grinned and fist-bumped with Kino. "Already done, man. Hit her with a ball earlier." He said that made Kino and his friends laugh.

Kele punched his arm. "GO AWAY! GO! GO! YOU'RE DEAD LATER."

»»※««