Chapter 13

Torn In Two
Chapter 13

Kele was sitting on the dining chair, putting biscuits and cookies on separate jars. There's a frown on her face, knowing she must restrain herself from eating them. Yesterday, her father came home from work with bags of biscuits and cookies bought from the grocery store.

"Who would eat all of this?" She muttered under her breath.

It's a quiet afternoon in the house. Her parents at work, Kino in his room. It's been almost a week that he's just at home, enjoying his leave.
Kele envied him and kinda wished she'd get a fever tooㅡjust to avoid all the shit in school.

"Why are you so serious about putting biscuits in a jar?"

Kele's heart skipped a beat again by hearing that familiar voice. She only saw him whenever they'd come across each other in the hallways of school and then they'd smile as a greeting, but lately, they've been exchanging a lot of messages about nothing that important, really, just about the funny little things they encounter each day or how their days went by.

Finally, she turned and when she saw Wooseok, it was like her lips were already programmed to smile. "Hey!"

He grinned. "I've been calling you few times now, you know. Kino told me to just come in." He said.

"Really? I didn't hear you! What's up anyways?"

"This one," He replied, lifting a few notebooks in his hand. "Kino has to copy my notes."

"Ooohh..." Kele teased. "Never thought you're the kind to take down notes."

"Hey, what do you take me for?"

She was about to reply when they heard her brother's voice. "Since when did you both start talking so casually?" He asked.

They both looked at Kino, looking like a total disaster. His hair sticking out in different directions, his face looking like he just got out of bed, his white shirt stained with something brown.

Wooseok frowned. "If Eunbin could see you now, she'll question the day she decided to date you." He told him.

"Shut up. Come here." Her brother replied, turning his back on them.

"See you later." Wooseok mouthed.

Kele smiled and nodded. "See ya." She whispered, and then he left to Kino's room.

Right? Since when did we drop the formalities between us?
Kele thought with a smile. She was about to put another biscuit in the jar when her phone alarm set off.

Piano lesson

Her eyes widened with a gasp! "Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed and ran to her room to get dressed. How could she forget about the piano lesson? She's supposed to be catching the bus by now.

Apparently, Kele's parents want her to learn how to play a musical instrument and they liked pianoㅡnot that she mind.

"Kino, I'm leaving!" She yelled behind her brother's door.

"Where to?" He asked.

"Piano lesson!"

"Okay!"

She quickly opened the door and found them watching a movie instead of exchanging notes. She frowned at both of them. "Bye!" She said.

"Get lost." Kino said, not even shooting her a glance.

But Wooseok looked at her and smiled. "Good luck." He said.

"Thank you!"

That's when her brother looked at Wooseok, then to her but she already closed the door and ran to the bus stop.