Chapter 17

CSAT, College Scholastic Ability Test
Chapter 17

"That's mine!" Kele yelled when Yanan was about to grab the last slice of pizza in the box. She's currently in Yanan's house, in their cozy living room, and they were studying together.

Yanan's hand hung in the air. "Who said it's yours? Does it have your name?"

She frowned and set her book down. "Yah, you're supposed to give the pizza to the girlㅡ"

"Why do girls always think boys should always sacrifice for themㅡyah! Let's share it." He said when she grabbed the pizza with a grin.

She laughed. "It's mine. Mine. Mine."

He frowned and got up on his feet before making his way towards the kitchen. Kele smiled and followed him. "Oooh, what do you have there?" She asked.

"Grandma baked a cheesecake last night."

Kele gasped in delight. "Really! Whoa, grandma is seriously awesome. Gimme, gimme."

"Gimme?" He repeated. "Who said I'll give you a slice?"

She grinned and bumped her shoulder with his. "Why? Will you give me all of it?"

"Ah," He said, frowning even harder. "Go away!"

She pouted like a kid. "Yanan-ah!"

"Are you sure you're trying to lose weight?"

"Yes," She said. "But I'd like to maintain my cheeks this way."

His jaw dropped. "What! Why?"

She couldn't help but smile, remembering what Wooseok told her yesterday. "Just because..."

Yanan sighed. "I don't even understand why you're trying to lose weight. You're fine that way." He murmured almost to himself while slicing the cake.

"Really? Then, give me a slice of cake."

He gave her a surrendered look. "Fine."

Kele laughed. "Yanan, you're the best."

He smiled. "Shut up."

He gave her a slice and she immediately devoured it. Just when she tasted the sweet and salty flavour of the cheesecake, she got an idea.

"Yanan" she called.

"What? You want another slice?"

"No, I mean, yeahㅡbut that wasn't what I was gonna say, dummy."

"What?"

"Do you know what cheers up people who need to focus on studying?"

"Nothing."

She frowned. "There is."

"Ah, if the exams get delayed, maybe."

"Yah!"

He chuckled. "Then what?"

"Desserts."

"Ah! Of course. Why do you even ask when you already know the answer?"

"It was actually a rhetorical question, pabo-yah."

»»※««

2 days later,

"I really don't get this! I'll probably get 0 for maths!" Seunghee said in frustration, pushing the book away from herself.

Everyone in the library turned to her and hushed her.

She pouted like a kid that's about to cry and stormed out of the place.
Seungyeon, Yeeun and Kele looked at each other before they decided to follow their friend.