Chapter 17- 2 Years and Remembering

Matt's pov- Its been 2 years since Gabby died. Juliet seems to be doing okay today, but I'm not. It's still so hard without her. I miss waking up with Gabby right beside me.
I decided to just remember all of the memories I had with her before Juliet and I got started for the day.
I sat in bed and remembered the day Gabby told me she was pregnant. One of the best days of my life. Then, Juliet was born. Another best day. I remembered the day we brought Juliet home. I remembered meeting Gabby. I remembered everything that happened between Gabby and I.
I must have forgotten the time, because Juliet ran in my room. "Good morning, Daddy!" I hugged her. "Good morning baby girl." I didn't realize that I had tears falling down my face until Juliet said, "Daddy, are you sad?" "Yeah, Juliet. I am." "Is it cause of mommy?" She asked. "Yeah. It doesn't feel like it's been two years Juliet." "I know daddy. But remember what you told me? You told me not to let it bring me down and make me sad all the time. Daddy, don't be sad today. It's not supposed to be super sad. We can remember mommy daddy, but in a happy way, not sad!" Juliet told me.
My almost nine year old just told me what I told her almost two years ago and I do need to listen to it. "You're right Juliet. You know you're just like mommy, right?" She giggled. "You say that all the time daddy! Of course I know!"
For the rest of the day, Juliet and I talked about Gabby and remembered all of the memories.

-----
End of 17! Enjoy!