Chapter 19- Moving On

Matt's pov- I watched as my 9 year old was dancing at dance class. She doesn't have that same spark in there that she used to have.
After class, I asked her, "Juliet, do you still want to dance? You don't seem happy." "I don't want to dad. It's too much. I wanna do one last competition." "Which competition?" "The Dance Awards. It's this weekend and Miss Molly already registered me to compete." "Okay princess. Let's get to the firehouse."
At the firehouse, Juliet started her schoolwork and Severide walked up to me. "How's she doing?" "She's good. She wants to quit dance though." "Why? She's so good!" "She's lost her spark. She'll probably still dance at home, you know and maybe here, but she has one last competition this weekend and then we're done with dance." "Wow." Severide said. "I'm gonna miss watching my baby dance at competitions." I said. "I know. But maybe it's for the best." "You're right."
"Daddy!" Juliet yelled. "Yeah?" "I need help!" I went over. "I don't get the problem." "What problem? You finished your schoolwork." "Not that. I don't get it. Why are you okay with me quitting dance? You wanted me to stay in it because you like to watch me dance." "Juliet. I love watching you dance, and I just thought you'd want to do it forever, but it's okay that you don't." "Okay, dad."
I guess Juliet is just ready to move on.

------
End of 19! 1 chapter and the epilogue left!