Doctor...

(Chris's P.O.V)  

I was sitting in my office going through my patients list and saw I had a couple of appointments but today I had to do a surgery, on a little girl name Jada. She needs open heart surgery. I'm really sad and devastated about this cause the poor little girl is only 4 years old. This will be her 8th surgery. I hope everything goes alright, I would hate to see her family suffer and go through another tragedy. I sighed in sadness and got up and getting ready to greet the family.  

I walked down the long dimmed hospital hallway and carried my clipboard on my way out there. I turned the corner and saw a woman sitting with her side profile facing me, she had a little girl around 4 or 5 sitting on the ground playing with her dolls. I'm thinking this is the patient.  

"Um, Jada Wilson." I called out as the mother and the little girl both got up, but the moms face looked so familiar. SHIT.  

"C-Chris." The woman said. Yep, I knew her. She was my last ex girlfriend before we broke up about 4 years ago.  

"Janice." I said a little shocked.  

"Oh, well this is awkward." She said with giggling a little bit.  

"Uh, yeah....." I said as the room grew silent.  

"So, um is this your daughter." I asked curiously, I saw she grew a little tensed then turned defensive.  

"Yeah, but um about the surgery." She said quickly changing the subject.  

"Oh, yeah...well we already have her information filled out so we can just go ahead and get started." I said  

She shook her head then walked over to her daughter and picked her up. I took a quick glimpse of her daughter and notice her  hair was dark brown and curly, like her moms and she had a splash of freckles, that danced across her face. I shrugged off the feeling I got from just looking at her and continued our journey to the surgery room.  

As my team of experts got Jada all set up for the surgery Janice and I stood outside the room and waited for the people to get her all set up, but we were having a little small talk.  

"So, how you've been?" I asked her looking at her.  

"It's been great...but Jada was born premature that's why her hearts like that." She said a little disappointed. All I know is that after the break-up Janice she moved somewhere and I heard she was pregnant, I wonder where the father is.  

"If you don't mind me asking, but um where's Jada's father at." I said. She sighed then look down.  

"Closer than you think." She said, but cutting of my response was one of my surgeons notifying me it was time to give the surgery.  

"Okay, I'll be right there." I said letting them know, I watched as they walked back into the room preparing I turned to Janice and she said.  

"Take good care of her." She said as her eyes grew glossy before she walked back through the doors of the waiting room.   I walked back into the surgery room and prepared to do the surgery on Jada. I walked over to the table and started.....  

After about a good half and hour, we were almost done...but we were having just a slight difficult time trying to make sure everything was in the right place. But after spending this long with the little girl, I took a good look at her features and they looked so familiar, but I just don't know where.  

"Dr Brown. were all clear.." One of the surgeons said patching up the scar.  

"Alright, good job everyone." I said taking off my mask and throwing away the gloves. They then rolled Jada into the next room where her mother can see her again.  

I walked out of the room and into the waiting room. I turned the sharp corner and saw Janice sleeping on the uncomfortable hospital chairs. She was curled up into a little ball with her hair all in her face. I walked over to her and brushed the hair over out of her face and grab her shoulders gently waking her up.  

"Janice, were all done...you can go see Jada now." I said while she looked around for a second then smiling and getting up.  

"Okay, thank you." She said.  

"It's my job...but let me walk you to her room." I said escorting her along the way.   We entered the room and saw a sleeping Jada, but if you ask me I think she's a brave little girl for going through all those surgeries.  

"She's really brave." I said  

"Yeah, she's always has been." She said walking over to her and rubbing her forehead.  

"Were you happy you found out you were having a baby." I asked just to spark a conversation.  

"Um, no....cause after we broke up, I moved and then long story short I'm here now." She said ending the sentence rather to quickly.  

"Yeah, but that would mean you were only 18 when you were pregnant with her...that's really young." I said  

"But I dealt with it...so it's all good." She said fixing her shirt and sitting closer to Jada.  

"Okay, but where the dad at?" I asked with that burning question in the back of my mind.  

"Look, don't worry about it....I didn't want him to know about it....he was in college studying his career and a baby would just mess him up." She said sounding truthfully.  

"Do you still keep in contact with the fat-." She angrily cut me of.  

"DAMMIT CHRIS YOUR THE DAD." She said soon making a regretful facial expression.  

"W-what."...........That would basically mean I saved my own daughters life and at that I missed out on 4 years of her life.  

"Well you could have told me." I said upset.  

"No, remember your career to become a doctor was way more important." She said making me upset.  

"Okay, your mad now but I just saved our daughters life though." I said defensively.  

"It doesn't matter....if I told you still wouldn't have wanted her would you...." She said.  

"Well no, I me-." I said until she got up and leaving the room but before she did she turned to me and said.  

"Welp, don't worry cause once she feels all better, you won't have to hear from me or Jada again....." And with that she left the room.   

I walked over to Jada and watched as she slept, but I notice she was tightly closing her eyes...almost like faking.  

"Jada.." I said above a whisper. She opened her eyes then saw me.  

"Is it true.." She said with her little voice.  

"Is what true." I asked suddenly.  

"Are you my daddy." She said looking at me with her eyes the color of mine.  

"Yeah, I am." I said until I felt small arms wrap around me tightly.  

"Thank you for saving me daddy...I love you even though mommy doesn't understand." She said, but she looked towards the door and there stood Janice.  

"I do understand..." Janice said walking to us then she hugged me but she whispered in my ear.  

"Thank you...Doctor Brown." She said making me smile......this was one of the most successful surgeries ever.

Leave your comments below on what you think...and I'm gonna try to update more for this book, so if you have anymore ideas, please feel  to leave your comments below...or inbox me :)