Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

Being waxed from head to toe left Marinette's skin tingling. She breathed slowly, trying to ease herself into a happy place. She thought back to her room, pink and full of life. She remembered the designs that she had wanted to finish. The buttons really had to go on that one piece. She would have to remember to do that when she got home.

If she got home.

Slowly, her mind began to drift toward the thought of Adrien. His perfect hair brushing his forehead, the bright green color of his eyes... Ugh, why did he have to be such a perfect prize?

No, he is not a prize, she reminded herself. He is a human being and deserves to live his own life.

She just hoped she would be a part of it.

Marinette snapped out of her happy place and was forced back to reality when the door to the room opened and closed. Two girls walked into the room. The first had black hair that was dyed purple at the ends. Behind her, the second girl, who was shorter than the other and had blonde hair, was skipping into the room. They both wore outrageous outfits. The girl with the black and purple hair was wearing a bright pink dress that almost appeared plastic. The pixie blonde had an oddly fitting black and pink dress that reminded Marinette of some sort of goth princess dress.

"Hey," The black-haired girl said, waving her hand in hello. "My name is Juleka and this is Rose." She motioned to the blonde. "And we're here to get you ready for the parade."

"You're going to look so good!" Rose squealed, appearing as though she may break out into song at any moment.

Marinette sat up on the bed, pulling her hospital-like gown over her legs. "Oh, well, it's nice to meet both of you."

"So we were wondering," Juleka started, "if it was okay to dress you up in a skin-tight dress."

Marinette furrowed her eyebrows. "Um... why?"

"Because we're going to make you a beautiful ladybug!" Rose exclaimed. She reached into the hallway and wheeled a fashion manikin into the room. She gestured to it dramatically, and Marinette couldn't help but feel like she had been made for it.

The outfit was one part dress, one part skin tight spandex, was red with black spots. It reminded Marinette of the dress she had worn to the Lucky Choosing, which was probably where the girls had received the inspiration. The top was long-sleeved and would hug her tightly, but once it hit the waist, red tool would flare out down to her mid-calf. Underneath that, the spandex fabric had been made into leggings. The details she loved about the piece were A) the beautiful clip bag that hung from the shoulder and looked like a ladybug, B) how the tulle on the dress was cut higher in front than in back, and C) the matching mask to go with it.

"W-woah," She choked out. "That is amazing!"

"We thought you would like it," Juleka said, coming around to one side of the bed. "Now that you're all ready, we can get you dressed up and through hair and makeup."

"You're going to look beautiful!" Rose gushed.

Marinette blushed. "Thanks, guys. And, just out of curiosity, how many designs have you two created?"

The girls thought for a minute.

"About... two hundred maybe?"

"Give or take a little," Juleka agreed.

Marinette's eyes were so big, they could have been two giant doughnuts. "H-how can you guys do that?"

"Well, it's our job, so we have to create at least one new design a day."