Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

Chat Noir ducked behind a roof, peeking around the corner. He spotted Ladybug looking out the window. Did she see him? And if she did, had she recognized him? He hoped not. It might have put her in serious danger.

Watching her a little longer, he had the idea to include her in his mission.

No, she can't get involved, he scolded to himself. She is one of the competitors. If she knew what would be in the arena...

That thought gave him pause. She would know what the arena would hold, like him. She could figure out how to survive the longest, she was that clever after all, and she could win. And he could be with Ladybug forever.

No, he decided firmly. She does not need that stress on her shoulders. She already is suffering enough. More stress would do her no good, maybe even lessen her chances of winning. And if she were caught cheating, she could be put to death. He wouldn't put his past his father to do that to her.

With sad eyes, he watched her disappear from the window. He held back the idea of chasing after her and turned away. He had a job to do and didn't need to be distracted by a beautiful, brave, and smart girl.

After taking a deep breath, Chat Noir took off across the rooftops, heading toward the Game Master's secret lair. It has in one of the Capital's government buildings, which didn't surprise him much. The Game Master was creating a government project, after all.

Stopping on the roof of the government building, Chat wrapped his arms around himself. Not only was it a little chilly, but the thought that his father, Gabriel Agreste, had actually approved of the Miraculous Games sent shivers down his spine. His own father had hired someone to create a death trap for a bunch of kids. That had to be against some sort of law. But it wasn't against just any kids, he was going to put Ladybug in there.

Would he be able to stop what inevitably was going to happen?

Setting his jaw, Chat separated himself from the situation. He was not Adrien in this costume. He was Chat Noir, protector, guardian, and spy for the Charms. He had a legacy of protection to uphold. He would not have any of them suffer for him, or at least, his public-seen side. Adrien could not get hurt. Chat Noir, on the other hand, was created for the purpose of protecting the Charms.

Though he may have been the heir to the country, he was not like his father. He cared about his people and was willing to throw himself in harm's way for them. Chat Noir represented that side of Adrien, and Chat Noir deserved the utmost respect for that.

Chat, after preparing himself, pulled out his staff and jumped down into the alley below. He crept into the building, found the painting of the gold women and side table, and made his way into the Game Master's lair.

Luckily, nobody was home. Though still keeping his staff in hand, Chat walked toward the main console.

The Game Master had been creating the Miraculous Arena for the past few months, and Chat had been keeping an eye on him. He had a picture of every draft of the arena, and when a change was made, he would update his information. Overtime, Chat had created his own personal map of the arena. He knew where every danger hid, trap was set, and resources were found. And, as a bonus, he knew every mistake. He knew how to get in and out through secret areas that would not be patrolled or would even be believed to exist.

Glancing around cautiously, Chat opened up the arena's plans. He raised his staff and took a quick picture. Looked like another lake and pond had been added to the south side.