Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

Adrien was fuming. Storming around his room and kicking the furniture was the only way he could express how angry he was. Luckily, he was alone so no one had to see his boiling temper. He wasn't the type that got angry very often, but when he did, everyone knew. Maybe that's why he hadn't been bothered.

Cursing, Adrien flopped back on his bed. He was breathing hard, but he didn't care.

How dare Fox kiss his lady! Marinette was supposed to fall in love with him, not that tomato-head Fox-Face! Only because he couldn't be there one time, Ladybug had chosen Fox over him. Not only did it rub Adrien's heart in the dirt, but it made him feel useless. Did Marinette even care? He told her how he felt about her. How rude could she be?

Sighing, Adrien glanced over at his alarm clock. It read 8:34pm. He grumbled. He could go join Ladybug in the arena if he really wanted to. But did he? Did he really want to go inquire about it and/or confront Fox?

He smirked. That could be fun. He could dangle him from a tree and give him a piece of his mind. Yeah. That sounded like fun.

Getting to his feet, Adrien peeked out into the hallway outside of his room. A few maids were moseying around, but no one paid him any attention. Good to go.

He popped back into his room and rushed to the bathroom. It was time for an adventure.

* * *

Jumping into the arena, Chat's green eyes scanned the forest floor for anyone who would think of coming after him. His high-tech cat ears, as well as his own ears, listened intently. After hearing nobody nearby, Chat got down on all fours and began to run. Occasionally, he would jump up into the trees to avoid bushes, creeks, and nasty traps that blocked his path. Even though he couldn't see them, they were there, waiting for the slightest pressure of a foot to go off. He had installed the map of the arena into his glasses, giving him the full layout of the entire arena.

What also was nice about the map was that there were small color-coded blips that represented each Charm. Ladybug's was red, Fox's orange, Queen Bee's yellow, etc. Finding Marinette was the easy part. What he also saw was kind of discomforting. Fox's orange blip was right next to, and partly on top of, the red one.

Suspicious?

Oh yeah.

After climbing through the trees for a little while, Chat found the area where the two Charms were hanging out. He dropped to the ground, glanced around, but saw nobody. They should have been right here.

Then, his high-tech ears heard something. A variation of smacking, only softer.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he scanned the area. There was nothing but trees, rocks, and-- Rocks.

Making his way over to the pile of rocks near his right, he noticed a hole that stuck out of the grass. He crept forward, leaning down to look into the pit. He froze. It wasn't smacking that he heard.

It was kissing. And what didn't help was that he could hear Marinette moaning.

Oh, he was pissed now.

Jumping down into the hole in a single bound, the ground rumbled under his feet. Nathanael and Marinette spun toward him, surprised at his presence, but before either could say anything, Chat stormed over to the Fox.

"What in the name of the President are you doing?!" Nathanael squeaked as Chat gripped his t-shirt, lifting him off the ground a few feet. "This is no time for making out with my lady! You two are in a fight to the death, and if you were smart, you'd get involved with the action out there and not what's going on between you and Ladybug!"