Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

"Duck!" Chat yelled. Marinette followed his order and hit the deck. His staff sailed over her head, spinning like a helicopter blade. It smacked Sabrina in the face, knocking her down. It didn't stop the other two, though.

Kim pounced at Marinette. Her skills kicked into gear. Ladybug swung her leg and tripped him. As he hit the ground, she dove toward him. He rolled over and held up his arms, blocking her hits.

"You know, Ladybug," he said, "this is for your own good."

Kim kneed her in the stomach. Marinette winced, then grunted as she stumbled back.

"I don't understand," she wheezed. "What have I done to deserve your hate?"

Eagle got to his feet and squared his shoulders. "You stole our spotlight."

He swung his fist. Ladybug dodged and punched his face in return. He growled, the lunged at her. She smirked. As he dove, she sidestepped, grabbed his arm, and flipped him over. Kim hit the ground with a hard THUMP! Marinette grinned at her handiwork and knelt down next to him.

"Fun tip, use your partner's energy to your advantage. Master Fu taught us that."

Kim nailed her square in the jaw. Marinette gasped, falling back and landing on her back. She cupped her hand over her jaw and looked up at him. He had gotten to his feet and was now towering over her.

"Another fun tip, use distractions." He gave her a mischievous grin then raised his leg to kick her. At that time, Marinette swept her leg under him again, knocking him off balance. She dove on top of him, holding him down with all of her strength.

"Don't be fooled by the same move twice," she spat.

She reached down to pluck the Eagle pin from off his jacket when she was fiercely tackled from behind. She and the unknown figure rolled through the field, then finally came to a stop. Before Ladybug could regain her balance, she was pinned down by someone's thighs. Her eyes widened.

"Well well, look what I've caught. A loser bug!'"

"Bee, let me go or I'll kick your butt," Marinette threatened, but her voice cracked halfway through, revealing how scared she was.

"Who says I should? Besides, I don't want to lose the pin I've been yearning to win." She reached down to grab Ladybug's pin. Marinette squirmed, trying to free herself.

"Chat!" She cried out, desperately trying to push Chloe off of her. "Chat, help!"

"He's too busy to help you," Chloe sneered. She gripped Ladybug's pin.

No, no, no, no, no!

"Bye bye, pest!"

"No!"

Ladybug shut her eyes tightly, waiting to be engulfed by the purple bubbles.

"Get off of her."

Chloe froze. A knife was pressed up against her throat by someone who was standing behind her. Chloe leveled her breathing, trying to stay calm.

"Get off of her or I spill your blood, Bee."

Ladybug opened her eyes. She stared up at the person in shock. Nathanael's eyes were flared with hatred, glaring at Chloe like he might rip her to pieces. She expected to see his hand trembling, at least, but the knife has held steady. He appeared so fearless. He must have been in so much pain, though.

Chloe let go of Marinette's miraculous and raised her hands. Tears were threatening to spill over in her eyes.

"P-please don't hurt me," she pleaded.