Chapter one

Radhika's pov

"Radhika it is 7.30 already. When do you have to leave for work?" I heard my Mom scream from the kitchen.

I opened my eyes to see the time. I still had a few minutes left before officially being late for work.

I groaned "I've got to reach around 9. I've got plenty of time."

"No, you don't. Get in the shower and get dressed."

I struggled but got up eventually. I took a shower and got dressed in a peach satin shirt with a pair of black dress pants. I felt like a confident corporate lawyer.

It was my first day and I want to impress my boss. I am excited about my new job and all the opportunities I'm going to get from it as compared to my old job.

I interviewed for Jaisingh Associates a couple of months ago just to look for more opportunities. I wasn't sure I was getting the job until I got a call last month asking me when I can start. I am so happy to be working with Rishabh Jaisingh. He's one of the most popular corporate lawyers in India. The number of successful mergers he has done is unbelievable. If you want something done, you go to him and he will make it possible.

I've known him since high school but I doubt he remembers me. I wasn't that popular and he was. From the rumours, he's pretty aggressive and rude but then again, he's the best in the business. I guess it comes with the territory.

After a quick breakfast and half an hour cab ride, I was standing in front of a huge building. It looked intermediating to me. I checked the address on my phone again to make sure it was the building. Once I was satisfied, I entered the building.

People were running around. It was one of those typical Monday morning scenes people talk about generally. Looking at the chaos around me, made my nerves all tingling with nervousness. I quickly located the reception and hurried over there before I die from an anxiety attack.

"I'm Radhika Vashishta. I'm starting for Mr Jaisingh today" I informed the receptionist, Anna as her name tag said.

She checked through some records and then looked up "Oh yes. You're expected to join today. You've to meet Rishabh first. He is right there in his cabin. Straight and take a left " she said showing me the direction. I smiled and turned when she called me again "Good luck on your first day. I think you'll need it" I thanked her quietly and proceeded to my destination.

PLEASE COMMENT AND LIKE THE STORY. DON'T BE A SILENT READER. LET THE AUTHOR KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS. LIKE AND COMMENT!

LOVE...