Chapter Twenty Three

Radhika's pov

"Why do you want me to wear a blind fold?" I asked

"So you don't guess the place before reaching" Rishabh replied

"I don't like surprises" I said

"Just trust me, okay?"

I was too annoyed to reply him. First, I was really tired and wanted some good night sleep which isn't happening. Second, I'm in some blindfold God knows where going and third, I just hate surprises it is a way of giving a person anxiety attacks.

I didn't even know where we were going so I had no idea how to dress either. I asked Rishabh but he just said wear anything which was the most specific detail for tonight. Not knowing anything else I dressed in a olive floral printed wrap dress. I didn't do much makeup and nothing overboard with my hair either. I looked really normal incase he's taking me somewhere fancy. 

"Okay we're here" he was holding my hand guiding my throughout.

"Finally. Can I see this thing now?"

"Easy tiger" he gently removed my blindfold.

It wasn't somewhere fancy rather it was very simple but beautiful. We were on a terrace roof which had artificial grass which was exactly looking like a park. A sheet was spread with a picnic basket next to it. There wasn't much lighting expect the moon glowing on the top. It was extraordinarily and as much as I hated the journey upto here. I'm in love with the destination.

"You liked it?" He nervously

"Like? I loved it. This is beautiful" I replied grinning "which building is this?"

"That was the whole point of blindfold. For you to not know about this"

I rolled my eyes and went to sat on the sheet where the setting was made. He knelt in front of me and looked straight into my eyes. The intensity of his eyes was enough for me to feel warm when chilly winds were blowing. Something about those eyes didn't let me look away.

"You know you're a really strong woman who knows the value of people and feelings in life. I admire your strength to get what you want but not on the cost of others. It amazes me how someone can be so sorted and calm about failures. I know your dad isn't very proud of you but that shouldn't stop from being you. Sometimes people just doesn't understand the value of the thing they've because they've never seen their life without it therefore it is easy to be taken granted for. He couldn't value the family he had because he wanted the family he always dreamed of. It is his unfortunate to not see the greatness in his daughter because I can see that and it is just extraordinary."

My eyes were tearing up hearing him speak like this. It wasn't just the words he was saying but the fact that he was being vulnerable in front of me to make me feel secure, made it special.

"You were the first person who snapped at me on her first day because I was a being a jerk. I found you intruding and obnoxious but all of that was so refreshing to witness. Your intruding nature has broken down my walls and I can finally see through what a beautiful life it is. Your smile is severely infectious. You've made my entire office smiling just like that. I'm so glad that even though I was a real pain in your ass you didn't give up and we became friends because I would never want it any other way. You're an incredible woman and you shouldn't let anything let you down because it would be shame if you did."

He smiled at me and I smiled back. It was the first genuine smile I've given anyone since the incident. I got up and wrapped my arms around his neck. My actions caught him off guard but soon he warmed up and wrapped his arms around me.