10

Another week has passed. [Y/N] has started to give up for the search for Josh. Few days passed, she felt her stomach drop from the thought of her boyfriend. The coldness grew dramatically....

On a cold winter day, [Y/N] opened her eyes to stare at the ceiling of the brown tent. Her time in the tribe was fun? She made friends with the elders and the small olive skinned children—they were beautiful. [Y/N] grew to admire their culture, how they sang, how they danced, and how they communicate.

It is a very beautiful sight to witness in her eyes.

She rose from the animal skinned blanket that was wrapped around her freezing form. In these type of days, the tribe usually stay around the fire and eat the leftovers food that the hunters brought nights before.

[Y/N] grabbed her ripped coat and put it on tightly on her body. Once outside of the tent she saw something she wished she didn't see....

Oceans of blood surrounded the crackles flame that illuminated the darkness. The blood flow ran all the way down the Chiefs' tent like a river. [Y/N] [L/N] wasn't a running person, wasn't an athlete durning her time in high school but when she heard the child-like scream across from her. She ran.

She ran up to the tent, and teared the entrance opened. "You ok—" her words stumbled out of her mouth when she saw the shadow-like figure above of the young boy.

"Joshua..."

The fully transformed Wendigo turned to face the 19 year old female when he heard his name.

[Y/N] slowly backed up; provoking the creature to come at her, "C'mon Josh. Let's go outside..."

The creature only growled. He stepped closer casually like a predator playing with his food.

Once [Y/N]'s boot hit the snowy floor, she turned to eye the very bright flame. Fire burns out darkness. Fire brings light to dark. Fire brings warmness in life. Fire will save her.

Then she ran. Faster than before.

Josh followed.

Everything turned slow motion, when she dipped down to grab a stick that was plugged into the snow, then plugging into the crackling flame.

"BACK!" She swayed the flaming stick at the Wendigo.

The thing-that-was -once-her-boyfriend growled at the burning stick. In [Y/N]'s eyes it seemed like the Wendigo(Josh) knew about the sudden danger and the fatal weapon she held in her hand. It's probably not enough to kill him....but surely to chase him off...

With a cry, [Y/N] poke the flame into the abdomen of the Wendigo.

The creature let out a shriek. It's milky eyes widen in pain. The long form bend over to cover its wound.

[Y/N] exhaled loudly. She need to go far away from the area.

"Princess!!!" The young man that saved her came to save her again. His skin plastered with blood and snow, "We have to go." He waved his arms, trying to give [Y/N] his location.

[Y/N] ran passed Josh to the male. Her body shook from the freezing temperature. The young male grabbed her forearm; dragging her away from the scene and the wounded Wendigo. The last thing she saw was the Wendigo laying down on the snow in fetal position.

•••

"We dragged the remaining survivor of the tribe in this cave." The young male told [Y/N] as he took her in the dark dimmed cave.

[Y/N] exhaled longly, "I couldn't save him. Ahiga, I was too late. The boy— Alo, died on my watch. If I ran sooner, heck, woke up sooner."

The young male— Ahiga laid his warm hand on [Y/N]'s shoulder, "The great ones do things for a reason. You can't defy fate. Fate defies you."

"[L/N] from the skies." An elder woman said. [Y/N] has spoken to the woman a few times. She always told [Y/N] that her eyes sparkled and soared with wonder like the forbidden sky that no human being weren't meant to explore. She always said: The elder ones did not give us wings. They gave us feet to walk on the surface land, not to fly in their domain.

"Yes?" [Y/N] replied, kneeling in front of the elder woman.

Her face filled with pain as she spoke the words that [Y/N] desired to hear, "The creature can be saved."

[Y/N] felt her heart leaped from that news. She waited weeks—more than a month to hear those words, "How?" the words came out rapid from her mouth.

[Y/N] could feel Ahiga's intense stare at her as she waited for the elder's response. Was it jealously? Relief? Or disbelief?

"I can feel the great ones calling for me," The elder woman gasped out, "my time is running out my dear sky. But don't fall, I will show you the way to save your lover," she rose a shaky hand, "the power of love. Creatures don't have emotion but when you—"

"When you what?" [Y/N] grabbed hold of the old woman's hand.

[Y/N] only received the elder woman's stare. Her dark eyes became glossy and lifeless as it stared pass [Y/N]'s face.

Ahiga then spoke, "that creature you called a 'boyfriend' killed her with his razor nails. And you still want to save him?"

"He's all I have."

"You have us."

"I don't understand Ahiga. You never will."

"Maybe I would had if I never met you. But when I saw your face. When I felt your body in my arms. I felt it. I felt what you were fighting for—love. And I will never stop fighting for it, for you. But what you are doing is suicide."

"If you care for me. Let me do this." [Y/N] stood to face Ahiga, "Please."

[Y/N] let out a yelp when she felt warm lips on her cold ones. Her body shook in pure ecstasy. Her whole body senses heightened, she felt everything. His lips moved sonically against her lips.

"I'm sorry." He departed his lips from her, laying his forehead on her's. Ignoring the rest of the surviving tribes curious stares, "I might not have another chafe to do that." He told her.

No matter how much [Y/N] want to put her lips back on his. He wasn't Josh. He wasn't her boyfriend. This wasn't right.

•••
A/N: nananan an update. This story is almost done. I almost gave up on this story because I didn't know where to start or how awful the writing was going to be. So sorry if it took forever, or if this chapter is very cheesy and terribly written. I did wrote this in my break time durning summer school p.e in the morning 😂

Please feel free to feed my fuel by giving this chapter a heart | 💖| , comment | 📱 | , or a follow | 🌚|

^^^ P.S it's optional! You don't have to heart, comment, or follow.
I totally won't stalk you if you don't give me that LOVE. 🌚🌚🌚