Home

First Authors Note of Petrified! New book! This book will cover the Chamber of Secrets book, as you can tell from the cover and the blurb. Do you like the cover? I made it. Disclaimer: Everything you recognize from this book, belons to Her Majesty, J K Rowling. I hope you enjoy ~ JK

Emma's POV

Summer break was great. After we got off the train and hugged Mum and Dad, we were in the car and drove home. In the middle, we got food, and we had an interesting conversation in the car."How was school?" asked Mum, turning around from the passenger seat. I smiled at Hermione. We exchanged a look that said "Let's not tell her about the Sorcerer's Stone" "Great" I replied. "Did you make any friends?" asked Dad. "Well, we met some boys named Ron and Harry." Hermione told them, smiling.

Dad smirked at us. "Just met?" he asked, slyly. "Dad!" I whined "We're 12, too young!" "Paul" Mum said cautiously.

Is that his name? I thought it fit anyway:>

"Yeah Dad" I said, with sass. "Emma" Mum said sternly, "Respect you father" I groaned. "Yes Mum" I told her. Dad laughed. "Come on Jean, let the girl have some fun. I don't care" Suddenly, I made eye contact with Dad, and we started laughing.

Soon, all of us were laughing our heads off. SQUA! I instantly recognized the sound. "Dad!" I cried. "Stop! That's Fred's owl." Luckily, we just got home. Dad took the keys out of the car, and the second he unlocked it, I ran out.

The owl that was flying, landed on my shoulder and I stroked its grey feathers. I took the letter out of it's mouth and, there, on the ground, was a dead rodent. "Accio Rodent" I chanted, and the dead rodent flew up. "Hear you go Errol" I told the owl, and he took the rodent and flew away.

I turned around, about to open the letter, when I saw Hermione, who looked stunned. "Magic, school, no" was all I heard. Then it hit me. Oh no, I was about to get a Howler, telling me not to use magic outside of school, great. I opened the letter, and there were 2 inside, one from Ron, and one from Fred and George.

Ron's letter was:

Hey Em,

Its Ron. I think this is too early so send a letter, but Fred insisted to he didn't look weird sending you one. He is currently tackling me to erase that, but ink doesn't erase. Ha Fred! Anyway, how was the ride home? Are your parents as bad ad Harry's aunt and uncle?

I paused there. Harry's aunt and uncle were some of the worst people I've ever heard of. "Em!" Dad called "Come in! you can read the rest of your letter once we get inside." "Coming Dad!" I called back. I ran inside, with the wind in my face. It felt amazing.

Once I got inside, I closed the front door and ran up to my room. It was then that I started reading the letter again.

I hope they aren't, that would be horrible. I sent some candy with this if they are horrible. Please reply soon,

Ron

I smiled. The end seemed more like something Fred would say, but I couldn't refuse candy. Sure enough, inside the envelope was a small cauldron cake.

I opened Fred's letter next.

Hello Evangeline

I instantly burst out laughing. Last year, Fred thought my name was too plain, so he changed it to Evangeline. On with the letter

I don't know if this will reach you in time, because Errol is the worst owl in the world. It also might be too early, I don't know. I've missed our jokes though. I know! You'll send me a riddle or joke everyday until school goes out, and I can make my family feel stupid! Yeah, that'll work. Anyway, like Ron, I sent some candy with this, but it's Muggle candy. Something called M&Ms. What do the Ms stand for?

The Handsomest Man in the World,

Fred Weasley.

I laughed again at the last part. Sure enough, there were M and Ms in the envelope. I didn't realize Hermione come in my room. "Hey" she said, sitting on my bed "Watcha readin?" "Letters from Ron, and Fred" I told her. She nodded, and left. I went to my desk, and replied to them.

Ron,

No my parents are not like Harry's aunt and uncle. They embrace Hermione and I being wizards. Please tell Fred I told him to stop tackling you.Thank you for the candy, and I suppose its a bit early, but that's okay. If I just talk to my sister all summer, I would die. Don't tell her I said that. If you do, Ronald Weasley, I swear I will kill you.

Emma

I looked it over again. It was short, but it would do. I sealed it, and as Athena was reaching to deliver it, I took it away and said "One more" She looked hurt, so I nuzzled her soft and fuzzy, feathers, and fed her. I took some more parchment, and wrote Fred's letter.

Fred,

Oh, I'm sorry, Handsomest Man on Earth, is that your name now? I'm laughing, not mad. Anyway, thanks for the candy. Please stop tackling Ron. I don't think he likes it. Honestly, I don't think anyone would like it.I gave Errol some food because he is NOT the worst owl in the world. As for the riddles, sure I will send you one everyday. Here is the first one.

20 people jump in a pool, but twenty four heads pop out, how?

Answer:figure it out!

Emma

I smiled at my letter.

I looked outside. It was sunset. I didn't want dinner, so I slept. It was a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

~

Yay! first chapter out. IF its short, slow start for everything, right? you can try to figure out the riddle in the comments. I know I said I would wait a week or so, but I just couldn't! 100 words exactly, without Authors Note! thank you so much if you have stayed here until now. -Emmy