The Chamber

Lockhart's POV

Oh no. What have I gotten myself into? Why did I say I could save the girl? I don't even know the girl! I've got to get out of this stupid school now.

I left the teachers meeting and ran to my office. This is it. Goodbye Hogwarts.

In my office, I grabbed all my things and started packing. I packed for a good two minutes, when I heard a knock.

I peeked through the crack as I opened the door and saw Harry and that Weasley kid.

"Oh, Mr. Potter Mr. Weasley," I said as opened the doer a little wider," I'm rather busy at the moment, if you would quick-"

"We have information for you and we think we can help you." Harry said cutting me off.

"Err well its a terrible, I mean I guess come in." I said in uncomfortable manner.
The two kids came in to see my wrecked office and stared at me with a shocked face.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry questioned, eyebrow raised.

"Err well yes." I stated as ripped a life sized poster off the wall and rolled it up.

"What about my sister?" The Weasley boy questioned rather harshly.

"Unfortunate, no one regrets more than I-"

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher!" Harry yelled. "You can't go now! Not with all the Dark stuff going on here!"

"Well I must say when I took the job -" I muttered, now piling socks on top of my robes. "Nothing in the job description, didn't expect--"

"You mean you're running away?" Harry stated disbelievingly. "After all that stuff you did in your books--"

"Books can be misleading," I said   delicately. I might as well tell them no one will believe them.

"You wrote them!" Harry yelled.

"My dear boy," I said as I was straightening up and frowning at Harry. "Do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all. And the witch who banished the Bandon Banshee had a harelip. I mean, come on--"

"So you've just been taking credit for what a load of other people have done?" Harry asked incredulously. Took him long enough

"Harry, Harry," I said, shaking my head impatiently, "it's not nearly as simple as that. There was work involved. I had to track these people down. Ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. Then I had to put a Memory Charm on them so they wouldn't remember doing it. If there's one thing I pride myself on, it's my Memory Charms. No, it's been a lot of work, Harry. It's not all book signings and publicity photos, you know. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long hard slog."

I closed all my trunks and turned towards the boys.

"That's everything except one more thing."I pulled out my wand,"Awfully sorry, boys, but I'll have to put a Memory Charm on you now. Can't have you blabbing my secrets all over the place. I'd never sell another book--"

"Expelliarmus!"

My wand flew out of my hand into Ron's who threw out the window. My back hit the trunks and I groaned in pain.

"What do you want me to do?" I said weakly. "I don't know where the Chamber of Secrets is. There's nothing I can do."

"You're in luck," said Harry, forcing me to my feet at wand point. "We think we know where it is. And what's inside it. Let's go."

They marched me out of my office and down the nearest stairs, along the dark corridor where the messages shone on the wall, to the door of girls bathroom.

They sent me in first. I hope the did not see me shaking.

A female ghost was sitting on the tank of the end toilet.

"Oh, it's you," she said when she spotted Harry. "What do you want this time?"

This time? Do they come to the girls bathroom often?

"To ask you how you died," said Harry.

"Ooooh, it was dreadful," she said with happily. "It happened right in here. I died in this very stall. I remember it so well. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. The door was locked, and I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in. They said something funny. A different language, I think it must have been. Anyway, what really got me was that it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go and use his own toilet, and then -" She smiled, "I died."

"How?" said Harry.

"No idea," She said in hushed tones. "I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes. My whole body sort of seized up, and then I was floating away..." She looked dreamily at Harry. "And then I came back again. I was determined to haunt Olive Hornby, you see. Oh, she was sorry she'd ever laughed at my glasses."

She is creepy. I mean real creepy first I have to be in here now she's talking about some person she haunted I got chills.

"Lockhart!" Weasley said," you're going first." He pointed at tunnel that once was a sink. What did I miss?

"Why must I go?" I questioned," I won't be any help."

They pushed me in anyways. Its was dark chamber under the school. There was something on the ground but I couldn't make it out. The boys landed next to me. It was snake skin.

The boys started to discuss their plan but I was making my own. All I had to do was jump the Weasley he wouldn't see it coming. All I had to do was fall.

I fell on my knees to see if it would work.

"Get up." I got up and dived onto him. I grabbed his wand and got up.

"The adventure ends here, boys!" I said. "I shall take a bit of this skin back up to the school, tell them I was too late to save the girl, and that you two tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body - say good-bye to your memories!"

I raised Weasley's broken wand high over my head and yelled , "Obliviate! "

There was an explosion then there was nothing.

"Ow"

Where am I?

∆∆∆∆∆∆

Hello dragon fly here. I know LOCKHARTS POV! Shocking! I loved writing it. It was quite fun. Please vote and comment if you liked it! Bye!!