| Chapter Twenty - Four |

Dear Diary,

Today was his birthday so the first thing I did was go on Instagram to tell him. I had made that cute video full of pictures we had taken together and I had posted that, along with a really long caption that, and I quote,

"Thank you for always being there for me, you are the best friend I have never had. Best friends are people you can do everything and nothing with and that is exactly what you are. Love you best friend and I hope today is a good day for you..." well you get the idea, Diary. I don't feel like writing out all of the words. In it, I had mentioned some more of our old memories and I also mentioned how he is like a big brother to me.

After that, I had another gift for him. I had taken it to school that same day and there was another gift that I would give to him later.

The gift I gave him today was a box full of sweets and it looked amazing. When I had gave it to him, he seemed a bit shy but he told me 'thank you' anyway.

When I had went home that day, he had texted me. He had told me that he was very thankful for the gift.

Obviously Diary, I had told him it was not a problem. I had also mentioned happy birthday to him again.

He had replied with, "yeah, I liked it very much, thank you <3"

He put a heart Diary, a heart.

I, again, told him not a problem.

Later on, something else had happened as well. It was surprising but I didn't really expect it either.

Remember the friend I told you about that I get jealous of because she talks to him?

She had admitted to me that she actually does love him. She had said it was since mid - summer.

The part that surprised me was that she had said since mid - summer, which was before I had started liking him. A few days before or something.

She never had mentioned anything about him, and maybe she was afraid to, I would be too if I was her since I was always talking about him with her and how much I liked him.

The day I had given him the box of sweets, I saw them walking together alone and that's when I knew for sure that she liked him.

She had loved him before me and I cannot do anything about it.

I honestly think that he likes her but he is afraid to admit it.

She told me that she admitted her feelings toward him and he just said the same thing to her as he said to me: "I love you like a sister." But the difference is that he is always a lot more friendly towards her while he barely talks to me now since I've told him. 

She had also told me she didn't say anything because she thought I would get annoyed about her telling me since I love that guy as well, and I thought I would have, but I didn't this time.

Surprisingly, I'm not annoyed or broken or anything, I am actually very okay with it.

What? I swear!

I may be a little surprised but other than that, I am perfectly great and okay with it.

I do not hate her, and I don't know why I even thought I could. She understands and she knows about the feelings I feel so I do not have to be alone, we are also back to being friends.

I am not going to talk to him anymore, this is getting me way too exhausted 

Thank you for telling me, best friend.

Dear him,
Well.. Probably you're not going to read this or maybe after a long time, but I'd like to thank you for everything you've done to me and your kindness to me. I'm gonna forget you and I'm not going to bother you anymore. We could still be normal friends like we do if you want. No more awkwardness :). Again, thanks for everything.

And now you're just somebody that I used to know.

Goodbye.

Love,

Your Lover.