Chapter 9: Eavesdropping

Elijah was leading Caroline outside when she noticed this dark-haired young girl appearing behind from the heavy wooden door, which seems to lead to the old bell tower of the building. Caroline touched Elijah's shoulder to make him stop and then focused all her senses to the girl. She was definetely a human, because Caroline heard her heart beat straight away.  

"Marcel?" The girl seemed really confused of seeing so many people and eyed the crowd of vampires, looking for Marcel. She didn't seem to be scared or despised of the vampires either, which made both Caroline and Elijah suspicuous. They draw themselves into the shadows and kept an eye on the girl.  

"Marcel?" The girl asked again. She was dressed in an ankle-length nightgown and seemed a little bit drowsy too.  

Caroline and Elijah saw Marcel coming to the girl in a rush.  

"Baby, what are you doing outside?!" Marcel asked and cupped the girls face with his palms. "Who let you out?"  

"It was an accident, I knocked Tristane down by accident... I was sleeping and seeing a nightmare and apparently I was screaming and Tristane came in to my room but when he woke me up I was still in the dream and thought he was attacking me and then I knocked him out..."

"Poor baby," Marcel said and kissed the girl passionately. The girl answered the kiss and Caroline saw that the air started to whirl around them.  

"A witch!" Caroline thought in her mind and gave Elijah a meaningful look. Untrained and young witch, who was apparently totally wrapped around Marcel's little finger. "Yet Marcel had been flirting with me the whole night," Caroline thought, "What an yerk!"  

Marcel wrapped his arms around he girl. "Let's get you back to bed, baby."  

"Who are these people?" The girl asked.  

"Boring people, who I have to entertain tonight. Nothing like you, baby. Don't think about them."  

"Ok."  

"Seriously!?!" Caroline screamed inside her head while she and Elijah watched Marcel and that mysterious girl go. "She just believes what ever that slimey-smiley says?!"  

Elijah signed to Caroline that it was time to leave. Caroline nodded and quietly they found their way out. Caroline's mind was processing what she just saw while they got home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, you're home." Camille said when she heard Caroline and Elijah entering to Elijah apartment. "Did you have fun? Where is Klaus?"   Caroline opened her mouth but couldn't say a word. She only let out the voice of frustration which made Camille confused. Caroline threw her hands up and went to see Lucas, who was sleeping the guestroom.  

"Did I say something wrong?" Camille asked Elijah.  

"No, Caroline isn't just able to talk right now."  

"Ok. Should we just let her be then?"  

"I think it is the best."  

Camille sat down and Elijah offered her a drink. They chatted casually and Elijah learned much about her. One and a half hour later Klaus came.  

"Where is Caroline?" He asked.  

"In the guest's room." Elijah said and then turned to speak to Camille,

"You were a psychology student, I recall? Then you should definetely stay for a while longer and enjoy the show." He smiled shortly and took a small sip of his drink.  

Klaus & Caroline: Life in New Orleans (Klaroline FanFic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें