Chapter 18: Just Put Your Spell On Him

"No." Klaus said blankly. "Absolutely no. I refuse to listen further on this ridiculous plan of yours." Klaus was nettled.

"I told you so." Caroline murmured under her breath to Henrietta and Sophie. "He wasn't going to like it."

"Brother, don't be so stubborn." Elijah said to his little brother.

"I. Said. No." Klaus snarled and stormed out from the room to the balcony. He slammed the beautiful french doors behind him, which made them tinkle loudly.

"Thank God I invested to the unbreakable window glass." Elijah muttered and held one of his ears. Vampire hearing and tinkling glass were not the best combination.

"I'll go talk to him." Caroline got up. "But I think you should go now. It's going to be nasty." Caroline shivered already. She had had few fight with Klaus already, but somehow she had this feeling that the one ahead of her would be the ugliest so far.

Caroline hugged Sophie and Henrietta for a goodbye. Royce shook hands with Elijah and then tried to slip away quietly, but he couldn't avoid Caroline's radar. She caught him in a hug, too. Royce felt akward first, but in few seconds he softened and tapped gently on Caroline's upper back.

"Don't worry," Royce whispered to Caroline mentally. "If anyone can turn his head on this, it's you. Just put your spell on him."

Caroline, who was shocked hearing Royce's voice inside her head, couldn't do anything but nodd as an answer.

"Caroline, we'll give you some privacy." Bonnie said, "But, I'll be near by, so if you need me, just say the word."

"Needless to say that I'll be hanging around here too." Kol smirked.

Caroline rolled her eyes and hugged Bonnie, even though she couldn't actually feel her. "Good luck with him." Caroline whispered to Bonnie.

"I'll make sure that you all get home safely." Elijah said to the witches. "Shall we go now?"

"Elijah..." Caroline pulled Elijah's sleeve. "Would you mind taking Lucas with you? And maybe spend the night at the penthouse apartment?" Caroline bid her lower lip. "This might take a while." She said eyeing to the balcony at the same time. "And it's already late. I don't want to ruin Lucas's good night sleep."

"Certainly. " Elijah said and went to pick up Lucas. Elijah put him in to the baby basket and covered it with a sheer planket. After that Elijah signed the witches to follow him to the basement of that building, where was the garage. They would be able to get into the car without anyone seeing that they had a baby with them.

Caroline gathered herself up, took a deep breath and opened the balcony door. Klaus stood there, next to the railing staring to the sparkling night sky of New Orleans. Caroline noticed that Klaus was extremely silent and still.

"That's a bad omen..." Caroline worried inside her head. She didn't mind big yelling competitions with Klaus, because in those times he was usually more annoyed rather than actually mad. In their usual fights Caroline and Klaus yelled to each other quite some time with their faces all red. Then the one of them who was more hurt would be sulky for the following hour while the other would be tortured by the previous one's muteness. After that they would sit down, say what was really bothering them and then realize that it really was nothing serious. In the end it was all about hugs and kisses... And make up sex. Really really hot make up sex.

This silent rage was what Caroline feared the most, since she didn't know the choreography of this kind of a fight. She couldn't predict anything.

"Do not show any fear." Caroline enchanted to herself. Caroline would lose the battle before it would even start if she showed Klaus how frightened she already was.