Chapter 29: Trapped In A Corner

Davina marched towards Marcel, holding her hand up and pinning Marcel against the rough brick wall of his mansion. Her powers sort of roared in the air, making it brickle quietly. All of Marcel's party were alert, ready to act yet clearly afraid of this tiny witch.

"You said you loved me!" Davina screamed to Marcel. "You said that I was the only one for you!"

"Baby..." Marcel tried to cut her off.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" Davina shrieked. "You told me to stay up in the attic, because you wanted me to be safe... yeah right!" She laughed madly and twisted her hand, making Marcel choke loudly.

"You just wanted me to stay put so you could play with this... this... Barbie doll!" Davina said viciously as she used her powers to lift Caroline in the air like a giant fist had wrapped around her neck.

"Davina, leave Caroline out this." Rebekah moved little closer to the little witch and tried to talk some sense into her. "Marcel has lied to you about many other things, like your family. They are not dead."

Davina didn't seem to hear, she was full of rage from the break of her heart.

"Why she? Because she's more mature than me? Or is it because of her hair? Her doll like looks?" Davina spatted. "Funny thing about dolls, Marcel, is that dolls can be broken quite easily... all those fragile limbs..."

Davina used her magic and Caroline felt severe pain in her left and right arm, like they were tried pull off her torso. She screamed from agony.

Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah change a quick look between the three of them. Elijah with his face frowning severely, Klaus with his eyes wild of terror and fear for his loved one and Rebekah nodding with her face plank, knowing what to do next.

"But I don't have time for toys, so I guess I just pop your doll's head off." Davina hissed to Marcel, who was still pinned against the wall.

The three Original siblings acted so quickly that rarely no one noticed them moving. Elijah hit his target on Davina, knocking her unconscious and taking her away. At the same time Rebekah attacked towards Marcel, breaking his neck and leaving his minions take care of him. Klaus of course hurried to Caroline and took her away in an eye blink.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you alright, love?" Klaus said chokingly, carefully checking any injuries Caroline might have.

"Yes, yes I am." Caroline coughed, putting her hand on her throath. "She sure has a strong grip, eh?" She tried to light up the mood.

"She almost popped your head of." Klaud said tightly between his lips. "Don't you joke about it, do you understand?" He said and caressed Caroline's hair.

"Ok." Caroline agreed. "I'm fine now."

"You are my everything... if anything happened to you... I would go berserk and destroy the rest of the world, because I had lost mine.." Klaus eyes darkened and his voice was full of threat.

"I'm fine. I'm fine!" Caroline cupped Klaus's face between her palms. "I'm fine."

Klaus stared straight to Caroline's eyes and she answered to his gaze without blinking even once. She waited so long that she could the threat and terror fade in Klaus's eyes. Finally Klaus nodded and let go of the tension.

"Now let's go find the others." Caroline said.

"We need to get to Elijah's, to pick up Lucas and that doppelgänger and then head to the secret hideout that Royce and the rest of his coven had prepared for us. Far away from that lunatic daughter of his, I hope." Klaus said and took Caroline by her hand. And then run.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Why the door is wide open?" Caroline grew worried when they approached Elijah's apartment.

"Elijah!? " Klaus shouted.

"Here!" Elijah yelled back, he sounded terrified.

Caroline and Klaus rushed towards the guest room where Caroline and Lucas had been living while their stay with Elijah. Caroline saw signs of battle in the apartment, broken furniture and blood. A bottle of Scotch smashed against the wall. Caroline terror grew bigger as they reached the room. A dessicated body of an unknown vampire laid next to the bed. It was staked with a broken stool leg. Elijah had kneeled down next to another body.

"Try not to move, I'll take these out you..." He mumbled, trying to sound convincing and calming, but he failed miserably.

"Katherine!" Caroline exhaled and rushed next to Elijah to check upon her.

It was bad. Katherine had been staked almost to the heart but she still was clinging in life.She was holding a bloody stake in her right hand, her left one was subluxationed horrifyingly.

Klaus stood in the door way. "Where is Lucas?" He asked quietly, bend up with anger. "WHERE IS MY SON?!?"

"There were too many..." Katherine croaked. "They weren't expecting anyone inside so I got one by surprise. But there were two others..."

"YOU WERE LEFT IN CHARGE OF HIM!!!" Klaus approached Katherine but Elijah stepped between. "I should have never trust my boy in the hands that doppelgänger!!! Move a side Elijah!"

"Can't you see she's nearly dead trying to protect your child!?!" Elijah defended Katherine. "Katerina has been staked, she tried to protect Lucas with her life."

"I'm really sorry..." Katherine murmured dizzyly to Caroline. "I'm so sorry... it was like with my daughter all over again... They took him and I couldn't do a thing." Tears started quietly running down Katherine's cheeks.

Caroline stared at her with a harsh look on her face. Then she grabbed the stake and pulled it out with force. Katherine shrieked out of pain.

"I had to do it." Caroline said severely. " I know you tried your best, but my baby is gone anyway. We need to get him back. And I need you to help with that. Elijah, help her up and feed her blood, to get the healing process on. Klaus, don't you dare go berserk now." Caroline ordered severely. All other emotions except iron determination to get her son back had drained out of Caroline. There was no other task than save her son, no other purpose than that.

In that very moment Klaus's phone rang.

"I got your boy..." Marcel purred poisonously on the phone... "wait my orders... and don't do anything stupid...or else."