Chapter 1 - Painfully Average

Standing at the luggage collection point, I waited anxiously for my luggage to arrive, slowly watching the luggage go round and round on the machine

"Excuse me." Someone said behind me but it didn't matter anyway, since the person shoved me aside harshly after saying that.

I stumbled to the side, throwing a glare in the person's direction, seeing that it was a man snatching his luggage away from the machine, pushing everyone aside as he muttered the same phrase continuously.

What's the point of even saying it?

I huffed, walking back to the same spot where I was pushed from, my eyes darting around the airport quickly before glancing back to spot my luggage on the machine.

The spacious airport was not as crowded as I expected it to be. The floors were carpeted in dark red, with white-coloured squares, triangles and circles appearing haphazardly on the carpet. All the sliding doors and windows were made of transparent glass, not a hint of any dirty spots on them, and there were a few white doors around the area, closed off from the public. The white walls extended all the way to the roof, which was also painted in white.

The roof was decorated with simple lighting that shone down on the whole airport, bathing the it in a warm light. There were different shops that ranged from souvenirs, clothes, cosmetics and many more.

Come on, come on...

My dark brown eyes lit up in relief when my eyes landed on a bright orange luggage. Dashing forward, I grabbed my luggage and hurriedly walked away, trying my best to ignore the bewildered glances people were giving me; along with some amused ones.

The reason for those looks was probably because of the condition of my luggage. Instead of seeing a neat zipped line, there was a tape around the whole zip and you are wondering why is it taped up instead of zipped up?

It's simply because how amazing I am.

I was visiting my relatives in Singapore, which is the country I was born and lived in till I was thirteen years old, before my parents decided to shift to here.

The most peaceful city in the world, Serenity.

I travelled without my parents this time back to Singapore, since they could not afford any time to visit our family members; due to having a hectic work life in Serenity.

Thus, I expected my amazing skills to show itself and well, it really did.

I was staying in a hotel, due to the lack of rooms in my relative's house and agreed to meet them at this certain timing.

Of course, things didn't go as planned.

In the life of Jean Saunders, things won't ever go according to what I've planned in my mind.

I woke up late, clumsily reaching for my phone and checked the time, realising that I was an hour late to meet them.

Now, my older relatives and grandparents don't appreciate tardiness so I had no other choice than to rush for time.