Chapter 9 - Revelation

Resting in an awkward position on my sofa, I flipped through the different channels on television, utterly bored

Resting in an awkward position on my sofa, I flipped through the different channels on television, utterly bored. Stumbling upon the news channel, I shrugged slightly.

Eh, why not?

Waiting patiently for the advertisement to be over, I heard the iconic theme music of the news channel.

MYSTERIOUS JAIL OUTBREAK.

I frowned at the title of the news, an apprehensive feeling rising within me.

"Blink, an apeiron, mysteriously disappeared from his jail cell yesterday and right after he escaped, he was seen joining up with another unknown accomplice. Here is a message for the public from the head of the police department, Mr. Drake."

"I'm sure everyone knows of Blink, he is a very prominent apeiron that was finally caught with the help of Omni. He is extremely dangerous, and not to be confronted alone. The accomplice he is with is another suspected apeiron, I advise everyone to remain vigilant at all times."

I observed the television screen as the CCTV captured the fight that occurred yesterday at the grocery store. Despite the lack of light in the video, I could faintly make out the eccentric woman who appeared out of nowhere. After which, the scene was cut off, showing another scene where I recalled the woman whistling loudly, another person appearing inside the room and teleporting them away.

So, that was the supervillain I met on the day I was in the airport?

How did he break out of jail? Weren't they supposed to have a special jail cell for these Apeirons?

"Following other reports, there also have been outbreaks of other Apeirons who were previously jailed by our city's own superhero, Omni. The police are currently investigating the case, they stated it was impossible for them to break out of their own and that it must have been an inside job."

Pressing my hand onto my mouth, a horrified look covered my face. "Oh my god, so, that means somewhere out there, they are roaming around freely?" I whispered to myself, struggling to get up from the sofa as I winced in pain.

"I can't believe it, he was right." I gasped to myself, digging into my pocket and finding a small crumpled paper inside it. Staring at it, my mind recalled a conversation from the day before.

A knock sounded on the door, startling both of us from our reverie and Omni cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Excuse me, Miss Saunders?"

"Ye-yes, please give me a minute!" I hollered towards the door, turning back to face Omni.

"You should go, it'll be a huge problem if they see you in here." I said, lowering my volume as I gestured for him to escape.