Chapter 6 - A Normal Day...almost

The television blared noisily, the superhero, Omni, saving the day once again appearing on the news

"The superhero, Omni, once again saves the day! This time, it is from a burglar, who is also an Apeiron, capable of controlling fire at his own will and even summoning it. Where did we even get the name 'Omni'? Well, the victims of the incident agreed to tell us of the incident, especially this person."

I blinked nonchalantly, not surprised at myself appearing on the television screen as the whole interview played on the television, to my surprise, they pixelated my face, preventing anyone from recognizing me; even making my voice a pitch higher.

"What was the superhero like?"

"Omnipotent."

"Omnipotent?"

"That was the only word that came to my mind, after all, this is his third time saving my life and never once, did I see him get injured or defeated in any way. No bruises, bleeding, nothing...it's just absolutely amazing."

"To give privacy to the witness, we decided not to reveal her name, her face or anything about her. However, we decided that 'Omni' was the proper name for the superhero, since everyone we have ever interviewed always said he was undefeatable, he was invulnerable and nothing could ever hurt him."

My lips tugged into a small elated smile at the news, sipping my cup of tea and I felt someone ruffling my hair, my smile twisting into a pout.

"Daddd." I grumbled out and my father chuckled, ruffling my hair again.

"Are you sure you are alright, baby girl?"

"Yes, for the last time, yes. I'm a big girl now, I should know how to handle myself." I rolled my eyes and chuckled softly.

"We are just concerned for you, sweetie." My mother added and my lips curved into a resigned smile.

"I know, I know but I should be just glad that I'm alive right now, instead of just thinking of how I almost died twice in a day."

A loud vibration from the table interrupted our conversation and I noticed the caller being my one and only close friend, Jessie Talbott.

"Yikes, I totally forgot about the shopping trip I agreed to go with her today." I quickly grabbed my phone, hanging up on the call while I texted Jessie, informing her I was preparing myself to head out now.

"Shopping trip?" My mother questioned and I nodded, jogging up the stairs to my bedroom.

Twenty minutes later, I was dressed up in a casual outfit that consisted of a dark brown cardigan, a plain white sleeveless t-shirt and black leggings, that hugged my legs; showing off my slim legs.

My legs were the only part of my body I was confident of showing, the upper body?

Well, not so much.