Chapter 11 - Pitter-Patter Goes My Heart

Staring at one another with wide eyes, I recognised his face instantly, however, I couldn't remember his name

Wait.

What was his name again?

The dude that likes Jessie....

Uhmm, uhhhh...

"Na-nathan! That's right, the dude that likes Jessie! Nathan Scott!"

His expression was a mixture of annoyance, embarrassment and disbelief. He opened his mouth to speak, but he was unable to formulate his words, gesturing wildly.

I resisted the urge to laugh at him, biting on my lip to hold in my laughter bubbling inside of me.

He seems like a very horrible pantomime.

"...wh-wha-why, how?" He struggled his words out, utterly bewildered as he pinched his arm. He winced in pain but the shock in his eyes deepened when he realised this wasn't a dream.

"Wh-what are you doing here, Nathan?" I questioned, my expression reflecting his. We were both equally stunned by one another--I mean, my father told me there was no one livig in this house!

"That's what I would like to ask you, Jean." Nathan said, giving me a dubious look. Something undecipherable flashed past his eyes, before returning to his dubious look.

"Ask me? But you are trespassing here!"

"Tre-trepassing? I practically live here!" Nathan sputtered out in disbelief, his tone held a hint of annoyance at my accusing tone.

"Dad told me no one lives here, except for his friend's son, which is in a coma! Don't lie to me!"

To think that he would be a great man for Jessie, hah! What a liar!

"Lying? Lying? He's my best friend, that I've been with since I was five! This is like my second house!" Nathan retorted and I rolled my eyes at his blatant lie, crossing arms over my chest.

"Oh really? Show me some prove then." I raised my eyebrows at him and he narrowed his eyes at me, taking a step to the side. His response made me frown in confusion, while he continued giving me a glare.

"Hah! I knew it, you are lying--oh...oh, you...aren't."

He revealed a set of pictures frames behind him, on the shelves of the worktable. The pictures ranged from a family to two boys, that eventually became adolescents and finally to young adults.

One of them was an exact replica of Nathan, making me laugh nervously in return.

"Now, tell me, what are you doing here, Jean?" Nathan asked me, his eyes full of suspicion, folding his arms across his chest.

"Well, let's just say, this is where I'm staying at, for now."

"Wh-what?! You're living here?!" Nathan's eyes looked like they could bulge out at any moment.