Chapter 24 - Faviana Sanchez

"So, this is the place?" I questioned, staring straight ahead at a three-storey building, clearly made out of bricks

"So, this is the place?" I questioned, staring straight ahead at a three-storey building, clearly made out of bricks. The windows of the buildings were opened, but most of them had the curtains down, which felt a little depressing. There was a gravel path from the entrance, leading out into the open field, however, other than that, the entire place seemed somewhat...desolate.

We didn't travel in our disguises this time, coming here in our outfits is redundant and ridiculous anyway. Strutting into the hospital with a man that has a mask resembling a skull, and two women wearing a masquerade masks isn't really apt. Moreover, we landed quite a distance away from the hospital to stay out of anyone's sight.

Being tackled to the ground by Nathan's fangirls—or should I say, Omni's fangirls, just terrifies me to the core.

"Well, there's a damn sign over there that clearly states it." Kim answered me, pointing to the sign that reads "Serenity Mental Hospital", a single lone willow tree was planted close to the sign, which is created by bricks too. The shadow casting over the sign gave me an ominous feeling, but it could probably be me overthinking and stereotyping about mental hospitals.

At least the sun was bright, smoothing my nerves.

"It's a rhetorical question, you know." I pouted at Kim.

"Yeah? Well, I couldn't tell." I rolled my eyes at her response, not bothering to argue with her now, not when we were in front of a hospital.

"So, who are we going to send in?" Nathan asked, looking at all of us and we did the same to each other.

"Kim? What about you?" Nathan suggested, giving Kim a small, encouraging smile.

"You are kidding, right? Look at my face, do you think I should be the one interrogating her?" Kim scoffed and we glanced at her, before making sounds of agreement.

"Yeah, you always have a permanent frown on your face."

"Right, like you're going to kill someone."

"Or going to beat them to a pulp."

We started to chuckle at each other, until we caught Kim's glare that looked like she really wanted to kill us and we sobered up.

"Nate?" Kim spat his name out, obviously unhappy at our comments about her face.

"I can try, but honestly, I think Jean is a much more better choice."

"Me?" I pointed to myself, my eyes wide in horror.

"What about me?" Thomas hurriedly cut into the conversation and he was immediately shot down by all of us.

"No, definitely not, I can't trust you."

"No! You almost killed me!"

"No, Thomas. I'll be an idiot to send you in there."