Chapter 13 - Damsel in Distress--Not!

"So, tell me, who is 'That Person', Jean?" Jessie asked from inside the restroom cubicle

"So, tell me, who is 'That Person', Jean?" Jessie asked from inside the restroom cubicle. I rolled my eyes, looking myself in the mirror, smoothing my disheveled hair. There were other cubicles that were occupied too.

"You do realise everyone can hear us, right?" I said and Jessie hummed in response.

"You better tell me after this."

"Yeah, yeah."

"...oh damn, I knew it!" She exclaimed after a few moments of silence. At this point, everyone had already exited the restroom, leaving only me and Jessie here.

"What?"

"I left my pad back in my bag, do you mind helping me grab it?"

"Are you okay? I know your cramps always comes right after, and they are pretty painful." I questioned, concerned.

"Eh, I'll live. Actually, just give me my whole bag, it'll be easier. Thanks!"

"...and don't think I forgot about our discussion!" Jessie said at the last second, just before I exited the restroom. I sighed, shaking my head, proceeding to her locker which was in the staff room.

The manager of this cafe was familiar with me, so he allowed me inside the staff room. Entering the room, I blinked in surprise, seeing a familiar man there, he finished putting on his shirt. If I had been a few seconds earlier, I would stumble upon his half-naked body yet again.

Yikes.

Just thinking about it makes me feel embarrassed.

Blushing slightly, I entered the room in a furtive manner. Somehow, I didn't want my presence to be known to Nathan, who thankfully remained oblivious to my entrance.

Eyeing Jessie's locker, I approached it silently, since it was the opposite of Nathan's locker. He seemed immersed in his smartphone, still not noticing me and I bit my lip, finally reaching her locker. Upon closer inspection, I realised he had wireless earphones on, making me sigh in relief.

He probably can't hear me at all.

...why am I so afraid to be caught?

I shrugged, moving forward to unlock Jessie's locker until a hand clasped around my wrist. I felt myself spinning around, the person slamming me against the lockers, the lockers reverberating from the impact. My back was almost cured now, however, it still hurt.

"Who are you?" Nathan growled out his words, his tone threatening. It surprised me greatly, I was so accustomed to his polite and friendly demeanour. For the first time, i saw him in a different light.

"Na-Nathan, it's me." I managed my words out with a wince, stuttering slightly, my eyes wide with fear and pain.

I've never seen this side of him before.