First Chapter! (Percabeth)

Picture credit goes to Viria. Gods, this girl has amazing work! Seriously, all her drawings look like this, or better. You have to go check her out! Sorry, fangirling over. Onto the story!

*about two years after the Giant War*

Nancy Bobofit POV

This day couldn't be worse. First off, it's Monday, which is never a good thing. Second, I have school, which I absolutely hate, especially since my dad sent me off to this reform boarding school for "troubled young ladies". I call BS. I'm not troubled! Okay, the kleptomania is debatable, but still! 

Anyways, to top it all off, we're going on a field trip to Manhattan's Natural History Museum today. Ugh. Museums are so boring! I'd much rather hang out with my friends at the mall and look at guys.

--------time skip--------

"And next, we'll go through the marine animals wing," the tour guide says, leading us through a doorway into a room full of fish tanks. Most of my class is listening to this guy, but not me. I don't give a damn about marine—Holy Mother, I take it back. All of it. Because I've just spotted the definition of hot looking into at some kind of rare fish in a tank beside us.

He's literally tall, dark and handsome. I'd say he's about six feet, maybe six foot one, with a lean, muscled body. Not like the guys in workout magazines with muscles bigger than their heads, but he definitely works out in his spare time. He has inky black hair, tousled and messed to perfection, and a chiseled, handsome face. And his eyes—wow. They're probably the greenest eyes I've ever seen, beautiful and powerful. Somehow, they almost look...familiar. But if I'd seen this guy before, I would definitely remember him. I shrug it off, and immediately start planning our first date.

Woah, girl, I tell myself. Flirt first, date after.

I abandon my class (not that they'll notice anyway, and not that I care) and smile at him. He notices, and looks at me, smiling back. It almost made me melt. He has a gorgeous smirk that would make anyone scream 'troublemaker!', but it has a softer edge to it. I take a couple of steps towards him to introduce myself, but suddenly, a beautiful blonde shows up.

This new girl jogs over to the hottie, and his smirk turns into a full on grin. He kisses her on the cheek, and all I can think is, 'he's taken? Damn that girl!' Linking hands, the couple turns and walks away, leaving me standing there like an idiot.

Just as they're about to pass through a doorway, though, the boy turns. A hope springs up.

'Maybe he's going to dump her for me!' I think, smiling at him again.

"Ever get over that klepto habit of yours?" he asks, smirking at me. 

What? How—how did he—'

"Percy!" The blonde girl scolded him. "Come on, we're going to be late!" 

Then they leave, with me gaping after them. My mind swirls, trying to figure out how they know me. And then suddenly, it clicks. Green eyes, Percy, klepto habit... this was that little runt I bullied back at, oh what's it called... Yancy Academy: Percy Jackson! How could that dyslexic loser grow up to become this?

Yes, I know. Typical, cliché Nancy Bobofit reunion-thingy. But anyways—what'd you think? Good, bad, in between, dear-gods-what-did-I-just-read? Please let me know!

See ya!

-Sara