20- Statues

This one you will have all seen before, I think. It's a pretty popular headcanon. *Set after the Giant War.*

"Holy Hephaestus, Piper, this place is incredible!" Annabeth exclaimed. She, Percy, Jason, Hazel, Frank and Leo were following Piper around her mansion, peeking into rooms and racing around the halls. Piper shrugged.

"Yeah, well... it's home," she said uncomfortably. She didn't want the others to see her as 'the rich kid', but that's technically what she was.

"Wow, Pipes. Even the bathrooms are enormous. How big is your bedroom?" asked Jason, turning in a circle in order to see everything.

"Pretty big," she admitted.

"Ooh, let's look out there," Hazel interrupted, looking outside through an open door to a statue garden. Annabeth jogged over, and her face lit up. "Yeah! Can we please?" Percy smiled.

"Don't see how I can say no. Just be glad Grover isn't here. Piper? Is that okay?

"Definitely," Piper confirmed. "Dad loves statues. He buys tons, and loves to show them off."

As the seven demigods wandered around, pointing out particularly funny or disturbing ones, Percy and Hazel wandered ahead. Suddenly, loud laughter was heard echoing around the huge garden, and Annabeth, Leo, Piper, Frank and Jason looked around, searching for their friends.

Spying Hazel, Piper led the group over, and looked at Percy. He was kneeling on the floor,. clutching his stomach, as he giggled uncontrollably. As his friends watched, he slowly keeled over, rolling on the ground. Hazel looked at Piper and Annabeth. 

"I don't know what happened," she said, bewildered. "He just looked at that statue and started laughing!" She gestured to a particularly lifelike statue. Unfortunately, the fine stonemanship only helped accentuate it's ugliness.

As soon as Annabeth noticed it, she too, started to laugh hard, bending over and clutching her stomach.

"Sorry," she gasped, "it's just... that statue.." and she gestured vaguely. Confused, Piper looked at the only statue in that direction, the ugly one she had barely registered before. It's label read "The Poker Player".

"I don't get it," Leo piped up. "Have you guys seen this statue before or something?"

Comment, message me, request, do whatever!

-Sara