19- Titanic (with Annabeth)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PERCY!!!!!

August 18th, possibly the most important day in the demigod world.

Anyway...

*Set before The Lost Hero, and before Percy goes missing. After Percabeth happens (officially)*

Hearing the doorbell ring, Percy started the microwave and jogged to the entranceway to open the door. 

"Hey Wise Girl," he said, grinning. Annabeth smiled, kissed his cheek, then stepped into the house and kicked off her shoes.

"Ready for this?" she asked, dumping her stuff on the couch and walking into the kitchen to get the popcorn before it burned.

"Um, yeah! We've been waiting to do this for, like forever!" Percy exclaimed. The two of them had been planning a sleepover for weeks, but hadn't been able to make anything work before now.

"I know. Three weeks, and four days," Annabeth said, then grinned again, settling onto the couch. "I'm just glad Sally and Paul let us do this. Co-ed sleepovers, well... pretty much aren't a thing most people are okay with." Percy rolled his eyes.

"Mom and Paul trust you," he said, "and me... a little bit." he flopped down beside his girlfriend and pressing play. He and Annabeth had chosen to watch Titanic (mostly because it gave Annabeth a chance to see what she could have done to improve it), and they thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as the popcorn they threw for each other to catch in their mouths. When they both finally settled down to sleep, Percy on a mattress and Annabeth on the couch, the result was instantaneous--they were both out like a light.

But, around midnight, Percy suddenly woke up. He lay still, hand curling around Riptide, trying to figure out what had roused him, and identified the sound; crying. He sat up and looked over at Annabeth. She was obviously having a nightmare, and she was crying. Worried, Percy knelt next to her and shook her lightly, trying to wake her. Suddenly, her eyes flew open, and she gasped.

"Percy!" she cried, tears running down her cheeks. She sat up, and Percy wrapped her in a big hug, slowly rocking her back and forth.

"Shhhhh..." he whispered, trying to calm her. "It's okay."

"No, it's not okay!" Annabeth whispered harshly. "We were on the Titanic, and then I got separated from you, and I was trying to get in a lifeboat, but I kept being pushed back. Then suddenly all the lifeboats were gone, and I was alone on the ship, and..." she trailed off, sobs racking her body. Percy looked at her sadly, but chuckled. Confused and hurt, Annabeth looked at him.

"This isn't funny, Percy! I was drowning, and I... it... it was..." Percy smiled gently.

"Annabeth, even if, for whatever reason, I wasn't there to help you stop the ship from sinking at all, do you honestly believe that my father would let anything happen to you?" Annabeth's eyes widened, and Percy kissed her forehead softly, trying to ease the visions in her mind. "Now sleep," he instructed, holding her eyes with his. Annabeth took a deep, shuddering breath.

"I-I don't know that I can," she said, gulping. Percy shrugged.

"Okay then," he said. He lifted her up, then lay down on the couch under her, her back to his chest. He pulled up the blanket and just lay there with her, playing with her hair until they were both asleep again. And, hours later when Percy woke up, she was still there, sleeping peacefully.

I hate myself. 

Honestly, I said it in the first chapter--I hate hypocrites, and authors who don't update.

Guess what? I'm both. I promised you a ton of updates because it's summer, and I've given you, like, five. Horrendous.

I'm going to quit giving you guys promises until I can start delivering. I'm not going to stop updating, and I'll still hold myself to my earlier ones, but I'm not making any more until I start updating more, I--

Aaaaaannnd I was about to say 'I promise'. I suck at this.

On another note, this was actually based on something I saw on the internet, and I can't for the life of me remember who or where I got it from. If you recognize it, please comment and tell me!

*salutes*

-Sara