Part 1 Continued

"What's going on with you Reagan?" she asked, trying to force him to talk to her.

"Nothing," he lied, "I'm fine."

"Like hell you are," she fought back with her frustration coming through, "I mean you've been jittery ever since we collared that guy and now I find your name on this assault case from like 20 years ago. If we're working on this case, you gotta tell me what's goin' on. So talk." He could barely put words together in his own head. There was no way he would be able to say anything out loud. He was practically choking on his own air, and leaned against the sink as if he needed support simply to stand.

"You are the assault victim of the case aren't you?" she started.

"Yeah," he finally said, "and that idiot just stood there and watched. Made me feel like this was my fault for years."

"What happened?" she asked sincerely, her anger starting to disappear.

"Was on my way home from a friend's house, could feel a couple of them following me, started runnin'. The other two cut me off at the park, and that's when it started. They threw me down, kicked me, beat me, dunked my head in the fountain a few times. It was like they were trying to drown me. And they just kept going. Then they threw me against a brick wall, and punched me over and over and over again. My friends tried to help but it didn't do much. Got bruised ribs, bloody nose, black eye, concussion, got my head cracked open. Police arrived and rushed me to the hospital in a squad car. My dad was the one who found me, and both my parents wanted to press charges."

"Did you?" she asked.

"Did I what?"

"Did you want to press charges?" once again, he was afraid to respond. Because back then, he didn't want to press charges. Because he thought that it was all his fault the whole time. This big problem stemmed from something smaller, something that was just supposed to stay between him and Karson. But a few white lies told by the other party to their older brother resulted in Danny getting jumped and Harley being hunted. This whole thing was making his head spin, and his anxiety was beginning to rise.

"What I wanted then is was I want now," he said simply, "let's get back to work." He put his guard back up, straightened his figure and walked out, right past Baez and over to his desk. He sat down as if to start his work, but was left staring into space again. His mind was focused on suppressing memories of that night, and trying to act like it didn't bother him. Simply talking about it vaguely with Baez made him feel like he was about to either smash a hole through the wall, or cry. He felt like he was about toss everything off his desk and wreck half the stuff around the room. He then got out of his memory and back to his work when Baez came around his desk and sat at hers. He kept his head down trying to focus on the papers on his desk, and only looked up to get his partner to stop staring at him. Finally, the tension and dead air was broken by the sound of his cell phone ringing in his pocket. He sighed while answering but it was more out of relief than exhaustion.

"Reagan," he answered sounding tired, "yeah......he did?.......okay.......yeah....we're on our way.....I'll see yeah."

"What's up?" Baez asked as Danny hung up the phone.

"My sister needs us at her office," he explained in a slightly pained monotone voice, "she has the security camera footage from that night."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Has anyone else seen the tape?" Jaime asked, standing next to his sister in her office.

"No," Frank responded, holding the tape in his hand. They were all waiting for Danny and his partner to arrive. They were there not just to reveal the tape to every handling the case, but also to support Danny. Frank already knew what they were about to see, and he knew Danny was going to need them after it was revealed to everyone of them.