18. Airport

Chapter 18. Airport

I came into the lobby of the hotel, and went up to the front desk. With the best French I could muster up I asked for a taxi to take me to the airport, I think the woman said it would be 10 minutes, but I couldn’t be too sure.

Sure enough, 10 minutes later the woman called my name and pointed to a taxi outside. I greeted and smiled at the driver as he helped me put my suitcase into the back of the cab. I shut my door and we were off to the airport. I put my headphones in a counting stars by one republic came on, I pressed my head to the window and watch Paris fly by. I soon shut my eyes because the memories of touring round Paris with Zayn became painful.

An hour or so must have gone by because I felt the taxi come to a stop; I opened my eyes to see that we were parked outside the airport. I gave the driver his money and hauled out my suitcase, waving and then turning round and making my way through the doors of the airport. I eventually found the ticket desk and waited in line until I arrived at the front.

“One ticket to London, please” I requested.

The woman quickly typed against the keys of the computer, then printing off a ticket.

“Next flight is in one hour.” she informed me in a French accent.

I nodded a thank you, handed her the cash and took the tickets. Luckily I had packed enough money with me to afford this ticket, it was a pricey business but I felt like I didn’t have any other choice, I had my credit card just in case I ran out as well. Hopefully I wouldn’t need it.

I sat down in the waiting area, the hard metal chair pressed against my back as I awaited my flight to be called out.

About 20 minutes later my iphone started ringing, I looked down at the caller ID.

Niall Horan

I sighed as I clicked accept and brought the phone to my ear.

“Katie? Where are you? Why did you leave? I saw the note you wrote to Zayn and Louis told us you left, where the hell are you?” Niall rushed out in a panicked tone.

I hated myself for making him like this.

“Niall calm down” I said slowly.

“Calm down? How am I meant to calm down when you just suddenly disappear after we-“ he stopped himself quickly “After that” he emphasized that in a whispered voice. I had a feeling either Zayn or the other boys were in the background, listening in.

This made me wonder why Zayn hadn’t rung me, and Niall did instead.

“I’m Sorry, Niall” I croaked out in a broken voice.

“Where are you?” he repeated.

I heard some noises in the background, it sounded like keys clattering to the floor.

“It doesn’t matter where I am, Niall. I left for a reason.” I insisted.

“And what reason was that?” Niall sounded hurt.

The last thing I wanted or intended to do was hurt Niall or any of the other boys more.

“I mess things up, I don’t want you and Zayn fighting because of me. Besides I need to go back to school at some point anyway” I tried to reason with him.

“You’re leaving? You’re going back to England?” Niall sounded shocked.

“I’m at the airport, Niall. My flight leaves in half an hour. The tickets paid for, you’re both better off without me anyway” I finished.

“How can I be better off without the girl I love?” Niall rushed out, and then his voice froze once he realized what he had announced.

“THE GIRL YOU WHAT?” I heard in the background, the deep, familiar voice confirmed it was Zayn.

I sighed, this was exactly the reason I needed to leave…but Niall was in love with me?

I heard some shouted mumbling over the line but couldn’t make out what it was.

“Katie, stay there. I’m coming to get you!” Niall insisted.

“Niall, no! I need to go, by the time you would have driven here, I’d have left anyway.” I say, defeated.

“Katie, no! Please don’t leave…I need you” Niall’s voice broke as he pleaded with me.

I scrunched my eyes up as I whispered the words into the receiver “I love you too, Niall. Goodbye.”

 A/N: No updates then two come along :') aha! Thank you so much to all of you that are still reading!! Hope you enjoyed!

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN, ADD TO READING LIST