9. Getting there

Chapter 9: Getting there

I woke up in Zayn’s arms on the coach of the tour bus as all the memories of last night flooded back to me. His warm embrace held me tightly and I sighed in contentment. I turned slightly to see his face, still fast asleep. He looked so peaceful and cute I couldn’t bear to wake him. I slowly got up, not making any sudden movement and tiptoed over to my bunk to retrieve some clothes from my suitcase. I picked out some shorts with a band Tee and jacket, and I made my way to the bathroom. I looked round only to realize that everyone else was still asleep apart from Niall and Liam. Liam, who was on his laptop probably on twitter and Niall who was nowhere to be seen.

I found my way to the bathroom and opened the door, as I looked up I realized I wasn’t alone.

Niall was standing there, shirtless and his back was facing me as he brushed his teeth facing the mirror, his muscle filled back flexed as he bent over the sink. I stood frozen in the doorway, staring at him. He looked up at the mirror and must have seen me as he quickly turned round and smiled at me.

I think he said something but my eyes trailed down to his refined muscles and his six pack. I blushed a deep shade of red as I looked back up to his face.

“Sorry, I-I didn’t realize anybody was in here” I stuttered

“Katie, relax! It’s fine.” Niall replied calmly.

He started making his way towards me slowly, I stood there shocked not knowing what to do. His face was dangerously close to mine now and I could feel his breath on my face.

“Niall, Wh-what are you doing?” I whispered.

“This”he replied as he leaned in slowly.

His lips slowly connected with mine, I stood there shocked not believing this was really happening. He started to make it more passionate, opening his mouth slightly. My senses came to me too late and I pushed on his chest to get him off me, he was too strong to get me to push him off. He took this the wrong way and stepped closer to me, raising his hands to my face. Surely he could feel me not kissing back?

I started to panic and shoved him hard away from me, finally he pulled away with a look of confusion on his face.

“What the hell, Niall?” I shouted, shock still makings itself known in my expression.

He opened his mouth to say something when he looked behind me and his eyes widened. I turned round to see what he was looking at.

Zayn.

Zayn was standing there, his eyes as wide as I have ever seen them and he was clearly fuming. Shit.

“What. The. Fuck. What is going on here?!” Zayn clenched his jaw keeping his temper.

“What does it look like? Me and Katie were kissing” Niall replied cockily.

What the hell is going on?

I turned round and slapped Niall across the face and his cocky face soon turned into one of shock. That seemed to be the expression of the day.

“I didn’t kiss you Niall! You forced yourself on me and I was trying to get you off! I have a boyfriend who is one of your best friends! What are you playing at?” I shouted at him, exasperated.

Niall looked me dead in the eyes as he replied “ I like you Katie. As in reallylike. I have ever since I first met you, and it kills me to see you going out with Zayn.”

Oh my god. I finally realized, all of these weird looks, him acting up and those muffled conversations between Niall and Zayn all made sense now!

Zayn interrupted me thoughts by warning Niall in a deadly tone. “I thought we talked about this, Niall. I told you not to say anything! She is MY girlfriend!”