12. Heartbreak

Chapter 11: Heartbroken

I instantly spun round to see what Zayn was gasping at and where the ‘oh my god’ came from. I looked up as the culperate was a lot taller than me and came to see Perrie Edwards.

My boyfriend, Zayn’s, ex girlfriend.

I just stood there awkwardly while Zayn went over to Perrie and gave her a hug. I tried to stay to one side, as to not intrude on them but I couldn’t help the pang of jealously that shot straight to my heart.

Zayn started talking to Perrie out of earshot, for a second I felt hurt that he didn’t bother to introduce me to her, so I turned round stiffly and looked back at the scenery of Paris. I felt my whole body tense when their voices turned harsh and Perrie let out a flirtatious giggle. I frowned when all of a sudden their voices were no longer audible, I turned round and the sight infront of me crushed my heart into a little pieces.

I never knew what this felt like, in movies or books it seemed so over the top and as if your heart shattering of the blurry vision were not realistic, but I knew for certain now that it was.

I felt the tears run down my cheek as my eyes were glued to Zayn leaning against the pole wth Perrie pressed up against him kissing. Perrie’s eyes were shut and as they broke apart, Perrie smirked and Zayn looked slightly shocked. I felt a sob erupt from my chest and Perrie and Zayn’s faces instantly snapped up to mine. Perrie raised her eyebrows at me in a challenging way and her lips curved up at the sides in a sinister smile.

I didn’t bother to look at Zayn’s reaction as I sprinted away from them, I tripped in my heels so took them off and held them in my hand I heard behind me Zayns deep voice shouting in panic.

“Katie!”

I glanced at the lift in my teary haze and decided it would take too long and if Zayn caught up with me I didn’t want to face him. I kept running, I was panting from being out of breath by the time I was at the bottom. I didn’t know which way I was going but I just ran, I ran till I got a stitch, I ran till my breath became heavy pants, I ran till my vision was no longer bearable as the tears clotted my sight. 

I found myself curled up holding my knees sitting on a bench. I kept replaying what I saw in my mind, kept feeling the broken pieces of my heart shattering again and again. Right after my boyfriend told me he loves me, he kisses his ex-girlfriend.

I was startled as my phone started blaring out it’s ringtone.

your insecure, don’t know what for-“

Yes, I still hadn’t changed it from when I met one direction.

I looked at the caller ID and immediately pressed the reject button, why would Zayn think I would want to talk to him right now?

I noticed the time and realized it was almost midnight now, another sob left my chest as I realized I was all alone, in the dark with only the lights of the street lamps and various cars driving by.

I heard my phone ring again and was about to hang up on Zayn for the 4th time when I looked down and the ID read Niall Horan.

I debated whether I should pick it up or not then decided I should probably talk to him to let him know where I was.

“Hello?” I sniffed.

“Oh thank god! Katie, I’ve been so worried, Zayn’s back here and he’s been looking for you for ages, he’s an absolute mess, what happened back there? Are you safe? Where are you? Tell me where you are so I can come and get you!” Niall’s irish accent rang out through my ears.