Prologue

The lowdown: Alone in the world, Cassie finds a friend in Chris. They get along and she supports him as he stands up to those who have dragged him down. But when unfinished business with some powerful people catches up with her, she is forced to take a turn in life that will jeopardize it all. Because the only person who can help her dig herself out of trouble is Chris's number one nemesis.

Subplot (later chapters): Eyeball finds inspiration from a free-spirited Catholic girl to step up and make some dramatic changes in his life. But as well as making a stand against his abusive father, Eyeball must decide whether to leave his life of crime behind him... and that would mean leaving his best friend in the lurch at a time when he needs him the most.

AcexOC... or will it be? Crime/Drama/Action. Warnings: Offensive language, drug references, Vince's smelly feet.

Disclaimer:

The story is based on some of the characters from the movie Stand By Me.  Credit to Stephen King for creating characters like Ace, Eyeball and Chris that we can all love and admire for different reasons.  Those characters in this story have been written by my interpretation only, and there could be differences to how they were in the original book or portrayed in the movie.  Vince and the rest of Cobras are also my interpretation of the movie characters.

Cassie, Keith, Natalie and Antonia, (plus a few more) are all original characters concocted from my own brain.

The setting:

It's April, 1960.  The story takes place a few months after the events of the movie.  We're in Castle Rock, Oregon (like the movie, not the book).

The prologue is in the works and will be posted at a later date.

Please continue to chapter 1.  Grab a cuppa and a biscuit, read slow, take it all in and enjoy :)  Comments (positive or negative) and votes are muchly appreciated!