(4) "Brighter than the Sun"

Norrie's P.O.V

 Things have changed drastically over the past few days, I don't know what happened but I'm starting to like Brad .. or at least tolerate him being a jerk. "Get a hold of yourself" I thought to myself while looking at the mirror. Two days ago, we all went to the beach ... Me, Katie, Tristan, Connor, Brad and James.

 It's fun, I almost forgot what summer feels like but thankfully they all reminded me how good it is. I also spent some time with Tristan, he's a wonderful guy and there's definitely a spark but I don't know just yet. It could all be my hormones raging. I'm 16 for God's sake ... of course this is normal. He told me a lot of things about himself and Brad and I just laughed my ass off after I found out that Brad used to be really dorky.

 Brad spent the day with the rest of the group while Tristan and I are just in the cottage chilling. I can see him looking at me a couple of times ... he may just be checking though. "Oh My God Norrie are you blushing?" I asked myself after reliving the thought.

"Brush it off Norrie ... he's not worth it" I told myself but there's no stopping what I feel. "Oh my God .... I like Brad" I uttered.

 I'm home alone since Katie and her Mom went to some of our relatives in a nearby town. I wanna come with them but I wasn't feeling well this morning. Suddenly, the doorbell rang ... I ran downstairs and opened it, only to see Brad.

 "Hello!" he said in a cheerful tone.

 "Crap .. are you blushing? stop blushing?" I thought to myself.

 "Are you alright? You're all red" he asked.

 "Yeah .. just fever" I replied and then tried to smile. Brad then walked in and threw himself to the couch. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

 "I'm visiting Katie"

 "She's not here .. you know that"

 "Yeah. I'm just kidding ... I'm visiting you" he said and smiled.

 "Me?" I asked just as my heart dropped

 "Yeah . Katie called me this morning and asked me if I could do some babysitting while they're gone"

 "Babysitting?"

 "Yes" he said and then got up and led me towards the couch. "Sit down there love, I'll do everything you want" he uttered.

 "Love? Don't call me 'Love' " I said and he just grinned.

 "So what do you want?" he asked.

 "You'll do everything?"

 "Yeah"

 "Dance on your birthday suit" I answered, thinking Brad will not do that.

 "Oh My God what are you doing?" I asked him after I saw him removed his shirt.

 "I'm stripping. You said you want me to dance in my birthday suit"

 "Stop!" I screamed and then Brad just laughed.

--

Brad's P.O.V

 Who knew messing with Norrie will be this fun?. "Okay .. what do you want then?" I asked her as I'm putting my shirt back.

 "Just sit here .. I can handle things myself" she replied and then got up. "Rough .. I like it" I said and then winked at her, she just glared at me and walked towards the kitchen.

 A few minutes later, she returned with a pitcher of fruit juice and some angel shaped bread. "Eat" she said and so I did.

 "So Norrie ... can I ask you something?" I asked and then looked at her while she's busy on her phone.

 "What is it?"

 "You and Tristan ...?"

 "What's with that?"

 "Are just friends ... or more than that?"

 "Friends ... wait, why are you asking?"

 "Nothing .., just wondering .., and making sure that you're not gonna fall into the wrong hands" I said while taking a huge bite off the bread.

 "Wrong hands? Do I look like a thing to you?"

 "Sometimes"

 "What?" she asked and then threw a bread towards me. I got it in my mouth , much to her dismay. "Just kidding .. you're pretty .. I just don't want you to end up with some jerk" I said.

 "Jerk? .. are you giving Tristan a bad name?"

 "No .. but I know him"

 "Are you jealous?" Norrie suddenly asked. "Oh Crap" I thought to myself. I can't answer her question ... I don't have an answer for her question. "You're not jealous ... right?" I asked myself.

 "Hello? I'm asking you a question" Norrie said while staring at me.

 "Of course not" I replied and just continued eating ... deep inside I think I am but I just can't admit it.