(9) "Out On The Line"

Norrie's P.O.V

======================================

 Last Night, Mom and I had another Skype session where she told me to print out the ticket she bought. I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow, I have tons of memories here. She also asked me to tell her if I met a British Lad and fell in love with him, or if I bumped into the Prince himself and we're gonna be married soon. 

 I did tell her about Brad and Tristan and then she told me how pretty I am and how I should be happy that someone appreciates it. But I did tell her about the complication with Katie and she said that I shouldn't sacrifice my feelings just for the sake of my bratty cousin. Yes, she called Katie "Bratty". Mom also asked me if I wanna stay and be with Brad or Tristan but I said I wanna go home since it's been weeks after I left.

 I looked at the clock and saw that it's past 9:00 am, maybe Tristan's awake by now. I got my phone and called Tristan, thankfully he answered. "Norrie?" he asked.

 "Yeah it's me" I said.

 "So what do you want?"

 "Can we meet? At the park?"

 "Sure, what time?"

 "An hour from now"

 "Okay, Is it a date?" he asked and then started chuckling.

 "No. I just have to say something"

 "Okay" he said and then I ended the call. I need to tell Tristan I'm leaving tomorrow, I ho-pe he understand that we can't be more than friends because I'm leaving. But how about Brad? Should I settle everything between the two of us? What if he's mad?.

** at the park

 An hour later, I arrived at the park and started waiting for Tristan to come, a few minutes later he did. "Hey" I said and then he smiled and sat on the bench beside me.

 "So what are we gonna talk about?"

 "Us?"

 "What do you mean?"

 "I'm leaving tomorrow" I said and then looked at him.

 "What?"

 "I'm only here for a vacation and I need to leave"

 "I understand" he uttered and just smiled. "I'm sorry" I said because I realized that he's hurting because he made it clear that he likes me and now I'm leaving. "No it's okay. I almost forgot you're American" he uttered and I smiled at him .. unaware that Brad is just standing a few feet away from us.

****

Brad's P.O.V

==========================

 I decided to interrupt Norrie's conversation with Tristan because I admit, I felt jealous. "Hey Guys" I uttered as I saw her shocked face.

 "Brad? What are you doing here?" she asked.

 "Nothing. Just enjoying the good day" I said and then sat beside Tristan. "Dude, you ready for the gig later?" he asked.

 "Yeah. Are you?"

 "Of course" Tristan replied. I looked at Norrie and saw how uncomfortable she is.I don't know what's gotten into me, I suddenly asked Norrie if she likes Tristan. "Of course" she replied and then got up.

 "Where are you going?" I asked her as she's glaring at me.

 "Home. See you around Tristan" she uttered and just left.

 "What was that all about?" Tristan asked the minute we're alone. "What?" I asked him. "From one Dude to another, tell me , do you fancy her? Norrie?" he asked , looking at me straight in the eyes. I took a deep breath and said "Yes".

 Right after I replied to his question, I was greeted with a punch straight to the jaw.