Four

"Emperor Mengyao your newest concubine from the neighboring empire has arrived."
A palace guard announced to a young boy on the throne. The child sat with his legs crossed in the throne chair, and grunted a response.

"Another nuisance I have to deal with."
He mumbled to himself.

***
"Welcome to our imperial palace, one of the most richest and powerful. Surely even more grand than where ever you hail from."

The blazing hot sun took my focus away from the obnoxious man that guided my carriage into this unknown empire. He was a rather large man, with short legs and a large head. He wore small glasses that barely fit his face.

I took my focus off the man and looked at my surroundings, the entrance of the palace was far greater than the Hon Shi palace. The road to the main house was covered fire lillies, making look engulfed in flames. The night of the fire burned in my mind, I shook it off as we approached the main palace gates.

I was helped from the carriage and was led through the throne room, to were I was told a welcoming party was taking place. The halls were full with riches and gold, the walls were plastered with magnificent art, done by real talented artist.

Festive sounds were coming from the end of the hall, the party sounded loud and full of people, I frowned at the thought of being judged.

"Wait here I will announce your arrival, though I doubt anyone will care."

I held my tongue and the ignored the man as he slinked down the hall and out of view. I sighed in frestrastion, I was beginning to feel very tired, and wished I could skip the party. Previous life changing events still freshly lingered in my mind, I shook off the images and stood in silence.

"Palace advisor Ye Lei sure is rude, is he not my lady?"
I turned towards the quite voice of a young child who appeared from one of the many hallways. The child was in rags and was covered in dirt, his light brown hair was ruffled and was a mess. The young boy looked up at me with his hazel eyes, that glinted a crafty feeling, a smirk spread across his face.

"Behind his back, I call him Fēi Zhū." "fat pig"
He whispered to me while he lowered his head again. I struggled to stifle a giggle but it escaped, as I began to bust out laughing.

"You are quite a silver tongued little snake, what is your name?"
Asked with a slight tone of humor in my voice.

"You are quite a clever woman, my name is Orochi, I am simply the son of an eunuch, how ironic. What is your name, if I may ask?

He looked up at me again with curiousity, as his eyes roamed my face.

"I am Jiayang, born as a princess, who has fallen to a whore's status, how ironic."
A large uncontrolled grin spread around his face.

"Concubine, its time!"
Ye Lei returned as he shuffled quickly down the hall. I turned back to Orochi to see him gone, I grinned and turned back to Ye Lei.

"Certainly... Fēi Zhū.."
I stood up straight and glared into his baffled eyes, he quickly cleared his throat and led me down the hall. I was covered to where my face nor clothing could be seen, it acted as an surprise to the emperor's gift.

***
"Now announcing Jiayang Hon Shi from the Hon Shi empire, who has graciously offered a new and beautiful concubine to Emperor Mengyao."

A loud voice echoed in the throne room, I could not see very well but I could faintly see many people in this large room. Many of them wore expensive jewels and were dolled up, I smirked. Concubines scouting their competition, and one chance to see the emperor.

I turned my attention to the emperor on the throne, I could not see his face but his leg length suggested he was only a child. The guards began to uncover me, I sat up properly and kept my head low. When the silk covering was completely removed I was helped up by the guards and faced my eyes towards the emperor.

A child with sea green eyes and hair the color of onyx, stared directly into my eyes, his legs were crossed a look of superiority were emphasized by his smirk.

"welcome to my home, miss Hon Shi. You certainly look like an imperial goddess herself."
Emperor Mengyao exclaimed as he looked me over with his eyes.

I let my eyes wander to the area where the concubines gathered, looks of worry and jealously were painted on all of their faces.

"Well I certainly, was not born for this... occupation.."
I spoke loud and clearly as I let my eyes rest on Mengyao. He scoffed at my tone, as he beckoned for the party to start again. I quickly snapped at the servants who were staying to me close by, they rushed over and helped me up. I smirked at the emperor as I quickly made my way out of the throne room.

"I wish to rest now, will you show me to my room."
I asked the servants they nodded quickly without a word as guided me through the large palace, I was destined to get lost in.

The room that was given to me was beautiful, just like the main halls, my walls were full of beautiful paintings and sculptures that were well done, the bed was large and was painted gold, I was helped out of my kimono and was cleaned up for bed. I sat on the bed and addressed the two servants that cared for me.

"Are you two my personal attendance?"
I asked they were two girls, all dressed in rags and dirty. They both possessed the same looks suggestion they were sisters.

"My name is Ming, this is my sister Lin, she can not talk."
Lin bowed her head to me with a pleasant smile spreading across her face.

"You are also being burdened with one more.."
Ming said, as if on cue there was a rough knocking at the door, the two of the sisters went to open it, two guards stood with a child in the middle.

"Good evening clever woman."