Ten

I awoke to the sound of my room door opening. I quickly rose to see Ming entering the room, there was a shocked look on her face.

"M-my lady please do not startle me like that."
She had with a light sigh, as she walked to my bed side. I looked outside to see that the moon was high, and the palace was quite.

"It is night already?"
I asked surprised, suddenly remembering Orochi being here.

"Ming, why didn't you tell me Orochi was the second prince?"
I yelled, she was faced away from me and jumped to the sound of my voice.

"Oh, you found out, or did he tell you already?"
She asked with a small smile, she came and sat on the bed with me.

"Yes he is the prince, but.. to the rest of the palace he is just a eunuch's son."
She said with a small sigh.
"To others he is a bastard child."

I stared in surprise remembering the when the other concubines called him a bastard son.

"How do you know so much?"
I asked curiously. Her face lightened up and her sad mood had just disappeared.

"Oh Mengyao and I grew up together, so he told me himself, and told me to keep it a secret."
She said with a small playful wink before she hopped out of the bed and made he way to my lamp.

"Anyway you should get some sleep, I was told Mengyao would visit you in the morning for breakfast."
She said joyously, she turned off the lights and made her way out of the room quitely. I sat in silence, Mengyao hadn't visited me is so long, I felt myself get excited, as I flopped back and attempted to sleep.

***
I felt the sun's calming rays shine softly on my face, my eyes shot open remembering Mengyao was coming to visit. I quickly lept out of bed and freshened myself up, just a little. I could smell breakfast from behind my doors, I quickly rushed out and too the dinning room.

"Oh Jiayang, your up early I was just coming to wake you."
Ming said with a large grin on her face. Lin was behind her and gave me a small nod.

"No reason I just got up earlier, the birds were too loud this morning."
I lied as I loudly, but slowly walked down the hall.

"I bet you were just excited to see the emperor."
I heard Ming mumbling to Lin, I ignored them, but glanced back to see Lin grinning slightly.

I quickly entered the dinning room, only to have my large smile disappear very quickly.

"Oh Jiayang, you don't look too happy to see me. Were you expecting my husband?"
Baozhai said smugly and she was seated comfortably at the dining table, with fresh food placed in front of her.

Ming and Lin quickly and quitely excused themselves from the room, as I slowly took a seat across from Baozhai.

"May I asked why your here, my lady."
I asked monotone, forcing myself to stay polite. Baozhai was picking at her food.

"I just wanted to see my Empire's newest concubine."
She said sarcastically as she snickered quitely.

"It has been nearly six months since I arrived your greetings are not necessary."
I sighed at her childish behavior, she clearly came to annoy me. I rose from my seat and bowed carelessly to her.

"Now if you'll excuse me I have better things to do, than to entertain your childish manner."
I said politely as I glared at her.

"D-do you know who your talking to? I am the Empress you must respect me."
She said loudly as she jumped from her seat.

"It is clearly just a title when you have nothing to show for it."
I retorted quickly.
"When you bare a son, you will receive the respect from me."

Baozhai nearly screamed, shocking me and the people working in the kitchen. She pounded her fist on the table and yelled for the guards.

"Arrest her, kill her, lock her up in the dungeon, she has offended me."
She yelled to them as the quickly rushed to myself, I stared at them calmly, confusing them of the situation.

"What is going on in here, what's with all the noise."
Mengyao quickly appeared in the doorway, looking concerned.

"Mengyao what are you doing here?"
Baozhai asked surprised as she stepped to him.

"Stop feign innocence, I know you came here just to bother Jiayang. Leave her be."
He said sternly as he made eye contact with me, I turned away from him. Although Baozhai was extremely angry that the Mengyao took my side, she allowed the guards to quickly escort her out of the dinning area leaving Mengyao and I.

He sighed heavily before turning to me with a small grin.

"Jia it's been awhile."
He said as he walked closer to me. I quickly grabbed his ear and pulled with all my might.

"Don't it's been awhile me, you brought that on yourself."
I grumbled annoyed, but deep inside a little happy that he was here.

"Mother has been up my ass about giving my Empress attention, even when she knows I don't feel a thing for her."
He said smirking before turning to me.
"I'm still all about you though"
He exclaimed as gave me a goofy grin.

"What ever you say, your still a kid though."
I giggled as I roughly patted him on the head.

"Lucky for you, my birthday is coming up, I'll be turning 17."
He said boldly as he made his way to the door.
"Now if you'll excuse me, I'll see you later."
He gave me a sheepish smile before leaving the room.

"Your still a child!"
I yelled after him, I could feel the grin plastered on my face.

"So hurry up and grow."
I whispered quitely to myself.