Twenty one

I sat next to Jianyu's bedside with Lin, she continued to stroke his head softly as he laid there quitely asleep.

"He has been sick since you got here, but his symptoms have worsened."
Lin said with a low but settle voice.

"It's not life threatening, is it?"
I asked I heard my voice shake a bit, Lin looked at me and smiled.

"Far from it, he is extremely fatigued and has a fever, he was straining himself."
Lin took the rag from his head and placed it in the water before putting it back on his head.

"Your a good wife to him"
I whispered and smiled at her. She looked at me surprised before smiling and getting up.

"As you are to your husband, I must go and take care of some business."
She patted me on the head, I smiled to her and hugged quickly. she seemed surprised but kissed me on the cheek before leaving Jianyu's chambers. Almost immediately Jianyu's eyes shot open, I stared in surprise he looked over at me in silence.

"I'm going home now."
I began I roamed his face for any reaction, but was given a blank expression, I continued

"I really enjoyed coming her to the palace and seeing you and everyone else ."
I said with a quite voice, Jianyu chuckled a bit.

"All I did was keep you prisoner in your room, I am ashamed, I wanted you to stay but if was wrong of me to force you."
He said looking me straight in the eyes. I shook my head and smiled.

"Still I had fun, but I need to go back now."
I said hesitate not knowing if he would just imprison me again. He was quite but nodded instead.

"At least visit me this time, family stick together."
He replied with a smile, I stared at him before giving him a hug.

"Thank you brother."
***

I walked outside and examined the palace grounds. The palace was quite now and not many people were outside. The palace maids were already moving things out of my room that I came here with.

"Where are you taking those?"
I asked one of the maids.

"Emperor Mengyao said to take your things to his carriage."
She replied happily, I nodded to her before excusing myself and heading my way over to the palace gates. The same red and gold carriage sat there unmoved, I noticed Mengyao and Choi talking next to it. I felt a smile grow on my face as I called out to them, they stopped talking and looked at me in surprise.

"Choi!"
I exclaimed as I ran over to them. He smiled and patted my head, Mengyao cleared his throat, Choi glanced at me then to him, he grinned before walking away.

"So your taking me home, even when I told you to get lost?"
I said playfully, as I met him eye to eye.

"You probably wouldn't come home until three days later, your slow."
He retorted as he turned away from me he was silent for a moment before sighing.
"I'm sorry for being inconsiderate when your brother collapsed."
He mumbled quitely.

I began to laugh and punched him in the arm.

" An apology from an emperor, today is my lucky day."
I said laughing, eventually he began to laugh too. He quickly took my hand and smiled to me.

"Let's go home?"

I smiled back and squeeze his hand more.

"Ya, let's go home."

***