6. Two's a party, three's a crowd

(Gabriel's POV)

Sam was already in the school library when Gabriel arrived, they had previously decided to meet here so they -and Jessica- could work together on their history project. To be honest Gabe wasn't too fond of the idea because he knew that somehow Jess would ruin it but he did try to be positive and look at it as extra time he gets to spend with Sam. Gabriel approached the table and as he was about to sit in the chair next to Sam, Jessica swooped in out of nowhere and stole the seat. So now Gabe was sitting on the opposite side of the table all by himself as Jess and Sam shared pleasantries.

"So, have you guys researched the first world war yet?" Jess asked directly at Sam, giving him her usual, sweet and flirty smile.

"Well last night I went to the library and borrowed some books so I'm pretty well informed now" The Winchester said proudly before pulling out a number of large books from his school bag and placing them on the table.

Jessica laughed and placed a hand on Sam's arm, "You are just so fantastic!" The Winchester's cheeks flushed pink as he innocently rested his hand on top of hers. From the other side of the table Gabriel rolled his eyes and folded his arms over his chest as he leaned back in his chair. As it turns out Gabriel was wrong, this was one hundred times worse than he expected.

Gabe cleared his throat to stop the two sickening lovebirds, "So are we going to start this assignment or just make googly eyes at each other?" Gabriel actually wouldn't have minded if Sam was making those eyes at him. What?

"Sorry Gabriel" Jessica mumbled quietly as she took her hands off Sam and leaned them on the table instead. The Winchester then gave Gabe a sincere apologetic look before Jess pushed the hair out of her face and flipped open her history work book, "So, miss said that we have to make a presentation focusing on six different aspects of the war."

"I was thinking earlier that we should all do two topics each and at the end we can just compile them together? I just figured that it would be easier that way" The Winchester suggested, looking from Jess to Gabe for approval.

"Great idea Sam! Have you guys thought of any topics that you would like to research yet?" Jessica asked, never once dropping that annoying smile of hers. Gabriel wanted to choose trench warfare and the light horse brigade but before he could even open his mouth, Sam had already beaten him to it.

"You should pick yours first, Jess" Sam offered, earning an awe and extra special smile from her. 'Maybe they just forgot I was sitting right here' Gabriel thought angrily before looking away, this actually hurt.

Jessica thought about it for a moment before answering, "Okay, I would like to do the Red Cross Nurses and trench warfare." Gabriel groaned, of course she would want to do something that he wanted to do.

"What about you Gabe?" Sam asked politely, finally paying attention to him. Gabe considered mentioning that he also wanted to do trench warfare but he knew that he wouldn't win the argument.

"I would like to do the Light Horse Brigade and.... The ANZACS" Gabriel responded, he knew nothing about the ANZACS but it was the only topic he could think of on such short notice.

The Winchester smiled before adding his own topics, "Cool, I'll do naval and air warfare then."

"Okay, I guess that we can all borrow books on our topics and look it up on the-" Jessica planned aloud but Gabriel stopped listening. When he found out he was doing the project with Sam he couldn't be happier but now that Jess had joined the group he couldn't be unhappier. For lack of anything better to do, Gabe looked up at the ceiling and started to count the square boards up there. It wasn't very interesting but if was better than listening to Jess flirt with Sam.