19. I'm a warrior, warriors don't get sick!

(Castiel’s POV)

School had been let out around forty minutes ago, and Castiel was only just turning down the final street that lead to his house. He would have been home much earlier but to be honest Cas was dreading going inside and facing his family, he has successfully avoided Uriel last night, but he knew that he would be there when he got home. He slowed his pace even further in some desperate attempt to not reach his house anytime soon. It must have been Castiel’s lucky day because just as he was approaching his driveway his phone started to ring in his trench coat’s pocket.

Cas smiled, relieved for the distraction, as he answered the call and held the phone to his ear, “Hello, it’s Castiel speaking.”

“Hi Castiel… it’s Sam, Dean’s brother.” Cas heard the nervous but urgent voice from the other line, and that instantly caused him to panic, why in the world would Sam call him, it had to be an emergency right?

“What’s the matter?” Castiel asked, trying with all his might to keep the concern and panic from his voice. He had stopped just outside his front door and to distract himself from the numerous disastrous scenarios that ran through his mind he started to kick a rock around aimlessly.

“I wouldn’t ask if I wasn’t desperate…. and I really am desperate. I need a favour, well to be exact, Dean needs a favour” Sam pleaded awkwardly, and Cas felt bad for him because he knew that it definitely wouldn’t be easy for the young Winchester to ask a total stranger for a favour. Luckily Castiel was more than willing to help, he was cautious and a bit suspicious, but willing to help nevertheless. It was the least he could do since Dean had spent hours looking after him last night anyway.

“Sure Sam, what do you need?” Castiel smiled in an attempt to reassure the boy, completely forgetting that Sam couldn’t actually see him.

There was a short pause before Sam explained, “Dean is sick, and when I say sick I mean drowning in his own fluids, not-pretty sick. And he really needs someone to look after him while he’s in this state but I’ve already made important plans to go down to the library to study this afternoon so I cant-”

It wasn’t too difficult for Castiel to piece the rest of the puzzle together, “So you would like to know if I can come over and look after Dean while you’re at the library?”

“Um, if you possibly could? Please.”

“Definitely” Castiel immediately agreed without even needing to think about it, “let’s just say I owe Dean one anyway.”

“Thank you so much Castiel! You are really saving me here!” the young Winchester beamed through the phone line, the happiness and appreciation audible in his voice and Cas couldn’t help but grin.

“No worries, it would be my pleasure to look after a sick Dean Winchester,” Castiel laughed, imagining himself as a doctor, “just text me the address and I’ll be there in twenty minutes or so.” He was honestly really happy that he got this call, not only because he got out of going inside and facing Uriel, but also because he was glad to get the opportunity to make it up to Dean. Especially since chances are that he was sick because he had sat in the cold last night. Sam thanked him for a final time before Castiel hung up the phone and instead of going inside his own home, he ran next door and knocked on the door.